/dist/images/branding/favicon

The Second...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Tim Newhouse, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Tim Newhouse

Tim Newhouse New Member

Hello Everyone. I am Tim Newhouse (Producer) and am sitting with John Nickol (DP/CamOP.) We have just used the Movi and have filmed a entire feature film with every single shot using the Movi System. The film IMDB is http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3543918/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1 I was really excited to try out this product after following it for a long time. We love camera movement and really wanted to use as much as possible to tell our story. The Movi made this process much faster than using steadycams, dollys, jibs, ect.... I am really impressed with the Movi. After some research it appears that better options exist at even better price points (Such as the Ronin), However i was very happy to shoot an entire feature on the Movi and think it made our film look much much much more expensive and added a massive amount of value to our little movie. I am excited to see what happens next.

Kevin Descheemaeker likes this.
  2. Kevin Descheemaeker

Hi Tim

Nice to see that filmmakers film a complete feature film on the MōVI. Is there any way to see bits and pieces of the final product? Are there screenings in Europe?

Please let me be so free to add a nuance on your thread. There are cheaper options as there is the Ronin, but we tested it and its not better then the MōVI. The MōVI is a much more better design, has more research in it and you can tweak it better. But you have to feel the difference in price somewhere.

But for sure the MōVI puts the production on an entire other level!