/dist/images/branding/favicon

The Piano Project :: Bandidos in the Mist

Discussion in 'CineStar Showcase (Photo/Video)' started by Steve Maller, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

I had the pleasure of meeting two men who were putting together a project where they would place 12 pianos in scenic locations along our local San Mateo County coastline for people to play, all in the name of art.

They are making a film about the project, and I asked to help them using my rig to capture unique perspectives of these beautiful locations. This video is a compilation of some moments of their first day of deploying and testing the pianos. I'm so excited that there's even a sunset piano we can see from our back window.

If you want to be a part of this (and get a map to all the locations, too), please go to Kickstarter.com pledge your support! kickstarter.com/projects/12pianos/sunset-piano-opus-two-for-twelve-pianos

All images were captured using a Cinestar 8 with Radian 2-axis stabilized gimbal, and Sony CX-760V camera. Running the MK stack with new ACC 2.2 and latest (beta) firmware with default settings. Shot everything at 60P and conformed most of it to 24P. Dialed in about '1.2' to Final Cut Pro X’s stabilizer to smooth out the bumps (it was windy out there!). Enjoy!

Cris Olariu likes this.