/dist/images/branding/favicon

The F Street Poachers

Discussion in 'MōVI Showcase (Photo/Video)' started by Chris Vallier, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Chris Vallier

Chris Vallier New Member

We just posted the latest for your viewing:

2. Justin Marx

Justin Marx Active Member

Nice footage! What was your setup?

3. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Nice stuff Chris

4. Wayne Mann

Wayne Mann Member

Hi Chris,

This is in the Movi section so I will assume that the aerial stuff in this video was shot with a Movi on a Mulitrotor? There seems to be some serious issues (vibration) with the mulitrotor as the Movi does not seem happy at all.

Wayne

5. Chris Vallier

Chris Vallier New Member

Yes, the MoVI does not like vibration. To combat this, we typically balance our CF props to perfection. In addition to using soft silicon isolation... things are much improved.

Chris

6. Wayne Mann

Wayne Mann Member

Hi Chris, the sad truth is that no camera mount likes vibration. It requires a lot of work to get a machine perfectly smooth.

Wayne

7. Chris Vallier

Chris Vallier New Member

The OCTOs aren't that bad to get smooth. You just have to be methodical and precise. The 1200 size Heli is a completely different beast though. Adding turbines can help. That's the current project.... I'm ready for the M30 already.

8. Wayne Mann

Wayne Mann Member

What in the world are you wanting to carry that requires 1200mm rotor blades? An Octo and the Movi is all you need to carry an Epic unless you need to go 50 to 60 mph or more. Have you been around a turbine helicopter. They make a TON of noise and they are nowhere near as smooth as an electric machine. If you are going to soft mount the camera mount then you can get away with it. My helis with 830mm blades are enough of a pain to deal with. The low frequency vibes from the rotor head with 1200s are going to be fun to deal with, especially in descents.

Wayne

9. Chris Vallier

Chris Vallier New Member

Yup, spent about 15 years building them. The current project calls for carrying 75lbs worth of camera gear. It's turning out to be a blast! I'll send you pics so you can learn more about it when we are done. (Think major tv network, speed, and talent.) DOES it get ANY better? I think not :)))).

10. Wayne Mann

Wayne Mann Member

Sounds like someone is mounting a Cineflex V-14. In the video are you flying the Movi with a helicopter or an Octo and is that with an Epic on board?

Wayne