/dist/images/branding/favicon

The best device for the configurator...

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Norbert Blenk, Nov 24, 2013.

1. don lee

don lee Member

Is it possible to download the OS app thru the app store? I want to use it on a IPAD but cant move it over from my MAC because my software isnt new enough. thanks

2. Mac OS is different than iOS. You cannot download the Mac OS app and use it on an iPad. iPad, iPhone, iPod are all iOS products.
    When the iOS version becomes available, then yes, you can download it from the app store. Until then we only have the Mac OS version available.
    Thanks, Chris

3. don lee

don lee Member

thanks i just realized that. i am running snow leapard and dont want to update due to FCP issues. so my only solution to use my two new MoVi 10 is to buy a PC tablet?

4. No, You can get an Android tablet also.

5. don lee

don lee Member

Ok, thanks. i guess like many other users i am a total mac user and eagerly awaiting the IOS.

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

I'm in the same boat (well, OS) as you, Don. There is some evidence out there that FCP7 might work with Mountain Lion, although I thought I saw some talk about the problem being with the Radeon 5870 boards and the way the OS handled the GPUs and was thus causing banding?

I bought a Google Nexus 7 as the Android tablet for the MōVI Configurator. But, right now, the Windows configurator is the only version that allows you to save different configurations for camera/lens combos. Obviously that feature will ultimately appear on other platforms, but I just wanted you to be aware of it.

Andy.

7. Garry Clarke

Garry Clarke Member

I'm heading out to buy a tablet today and was going to go for the Nexus 7 as I've been hearing so many good things about them. But like other Mac devotees, have little experience with the "other
    type, and after your comments about not being able to save configurations on the Nexus, are now reconsidering and thinking Windows. As much as that hurts to say. Is there one which is better than others for our needs???

Cheers
    Garry

8. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

I'm living with the lack of the configuration save just by taking screen shots of the settings I need and then manually converting those into a small text file that I use as a crib sheet. There's really only five settings you need: stiffness for pan/roll/tilt and the two expert settings (which are usually 5).

Andy.

9. Garry Clarke

Garry Clarke Member

Fair comment Andy, and again, good advise.
    Nexus here I come.

Garry

10. don lee

don lee Member

Ok thanks, the Save feature seem seems like a big deal for the type of shooting we will do.

11. Wolfgang Armin

Wolfgang Armin Active Member

Tabb and others,
    what makes it so difficult to inform us about the progress in regard to iOS? Ignoring questions just doesn't give the best impression from a customer point of view. You can tell us 6 months, or 2 years - we would't be too happy, but at least we'd prepare accordingly.
    One reason why I don't want to buy another tablet is because I use the Teradek Clip, and that only works with iOS right now, so I'd have to take two tablets, etc. with me. If I go the safe route which I tend to do, I'd need to take 4. I already have 2 iPads and don't want to buy one or two android or windows ones.
    In short: PLEASE GIVE US A LITTLE BIT OF INFO.
    Thanks,
    Wolfgang

12. don lee

don lee Member

I agree, we spent $30k on two MoVI's and can't use industry standard devices? so far I love the hardware but not feeling warm and fuzzy about the software support. Having one device for the Teradek and another for the MoVI is not great.

13. Paul Watt

Paul Watt Member

Do the settings have to be reset after every battery change? Or can you set them, then go for the day, if you're planning on using the same settings? Just wondering if I'll have to drag a computer or pad everywhere I go with it.

14. Wolfgang Armin

Wolfgang Armin Active Member

Paul, the settings are saved. However, depending on your setp, you usually need to change your settings for best results when you change e.g. your lens. Or you change them if you use Majestic Mode and have different challenges for different shots, like slow or fast movement.