/dist/images/branding/favicon

Tethered Drone options

Discussion in 'ALTA 8' started by James Peterson, Nov 27, 2018.

1. James Peterson

James Peterson New Member

Has anyone experimented or professionally used a tethered drone system for the Freefly ALTA 8? I’m interested in this for an upcoming project where I need the bird up for longer times.

Would love thoughts and feedback toward this idea.

Thanks!

2. James Peterson

James Peterson New Member

Update: I reached out to NTP Drone. They responded with the following. Does anyone know this information?

“We can provide a power systems for the Alta 8 however we need to know the true current draw (amps) to provide enough power.“

Thanks!

3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

The current draw is going to be a factor of the kind of payload that you are carrying. However, if you can approximate that, anyone flying with a payload of similar weight can, on landing, look at the flight log data file and tell you the current draw.

That current draw will vary also depending on whether the ALTA is climbing, descending, or hovering.

That all said, I would guess -- and it really is a guess -- at a peak current load of, meh, 120 Amps. That's peak not constant, but it would be the peak that I suspect you need to worry about more.

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

4. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

James I changed the thread name. I didn't know what a 'feathered' drone might look like. Thinking flapping wings until I read the thread. Happy holidays :)

5. Rick Gerard

Rick Gerard Active Member

I would have someone take a close look at motor temps. The longer they run, the hotter they get.