/dist/images/branding/favicon

Take off from a Boat

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Jose Luis Ocejo, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Jose Luis Ocejo

Jose Luis Ocejo Active Member

I remember reading something on taking off from a boat, techniques and tricks, to initialize and calibrate the MK FC or I guess the DJI too, any old tips or perhaps new ones appreciated
    Thanks

2. Ozkan Erden

Ozkan Erden Distributor

If you're running Radian stabilizer with your gimbal, you need to initalize it before getting on to the boat.

For MK FC, I just initalize gyros on the boat.

3. Chuck Taylor

Chuck Taylor New Member

I've taken off from boats many times, and have never had any problems. I use the DJI Wookong though, so I do not know how it differs. Occasionally, I'd just have the boat captain stop the boat for a moment while I do the little compass reset dance again. I do not fly in GPS mode - only attitude mode, so I'm unsure if this makes a big difference. I've powered up the Radians on the go without any problems, but this was on relatively calm waters.

4. Jose Luis Ocejo

Jose Luis Ocejo Active Member

My understanding is that the copter has to be totally still for initial giro calibration MK, left stick upper right, but if the boat is slightly moving or drifting this calibration would be compromised what do you guys think?

5. Shane Moore

Shane Moore Member

I've been able to fly MK off of a boat in moderate seas. Hoverfly will not initialize. Please let us know how it goes.