/dist/images/branding/favicon

T-Motor U7 maintenance

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Steven Flynn, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Steven Flynn

Steven Flynn Member

Hi everyone. I'm trying to do a little maintenance on a u-7, and I can't seem to get it apart. I've taken off the screw at the bottom of the motor, and the two set screws inside the top of the motor, and I just can't get the bell off. There is a small piece of metal in there I need to take out, and I can't tell if I need a press or what trick I need to separate the bottom of the motor from the bell.

Any tips or advice?

Thanks as always.

Steve

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

it's been awhile but isn't there a spring clip on the shaft on the bottom of the motor? Not sure about the U7 but most motors are made this way.

3. Steven Flynn

Steven Flynn Member

Yeah, it had a screw in the bottom. Here is a picture to show you... I don't see any clip ring...

Attached Files:

4. Steven Flynn

Steven Flynn Member

I've tried making a makeshift press out of a few screws and plates, I've tried tapping on the center post there (gently)... tried prying and pulling and no movement on the bell at all. I'm kinda stumped... I took the set screws out of the top inner shaft... and it seems like I should be able to pull it apart... but nothing on the web to show me how to take the thing apart.

5. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Looks like the bearing might have been hot/cold pressed into the housing, perhaps, Steven?

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limitâ„¢
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

6. Steven Flynn

Steven Flynn Member

That would make sense Andy... Thanks... Bummer, I don't have the tools to undo that. :(