/dist/images/branding/favicon

SYNAPSE ??

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Peter Gøthche, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Peter Gøthche

Is there any news on the SYNAPSE? Is there a Price range

2. Josh Lambeth

Josh Lambeth Well-Known Member

Not yet. We are all waiting... and waiting... :( I am more excited about this then anything else FF announced this last year!

3. Peter Gøthche

Me to! The MR market need a serious FLightcontroller and i do too

4. Duane Bradley

Duane Bradley Active Member

I've been lamenting my MK stuff and refusing to spend money on anything else waiting for Synapse. Needs to come faster...

5. Tabb Firchau

Tabb Firchau Administrator
    Staff Member

Sorry guys! We are plugging away on it!

Tabb

6. Peter Gøthche

Do you have a Price range yet

7. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

Will there be a waiting list? I'd be willing to put down a deposit for this flight controller.

8. Dave King

Does anyone know if the Synapse will have its own GPS/nagivation system or if it will use MK's?

9. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

It has it's own. You will no longer be using anything from the MK components.

10. Andrew Griffiths

Hi Tabb, any news on this or has the Movi release put a pause on Synapse development?

11. Tabb Firchau

Staff Member

HI Andrew,

Unfortunately you are correct. MoVI madness has delayed the launch of the Synapse a bit. We do not have the customer support man power to launch both simultaneously. Will update when I have more info on launch date.

Tabb

Andrew Griffiths likes this.
  12. Josh Lambeth

Josh Lambeth Well-Known Member

:(

I've been waiting for this more than anything else! Oh well.

Josh

13. Tabb Firchau

Staff Member

We have not forgot about it Josh, just can't rush something like a flight control system to market. It needs to be done correctly.

Tabb

Shaun Stanton likes this.
  14. Dave King

Josh I'm right behind you in line.

15. Dave King

Tabb

Any best guess estimate? I won't hold it against you if you don't meet it just trying to figure out what to do about upgrades. Can you say it definitely won't be released before "........".

16. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

Dave, I think Tabb was pretty clearly saying "don't hold your breath". They haven't even started shipping the MōVI M10 yet, and they've already committed to the M5 in the 4th quarter, which is going to take a similar ramp up as the M10. So I sincerely doubt you'll see it until next year. They may have more details sooner than that, though. But let's leave Tabb alone so he can get our gimbals built! ;)

Phil Macdonald likes this.
  17. Dave King

Steve

Its all good. Let me clarify a couple points. I understand the nature of the business and its obvious that there's more demand for MOVI and its a great opportunity for freefly to substantially grow and I don't blame them in the least. Personally my setup is just barely getting me by. For the past month I have been seriously considering switching motors, switching to the freefly motor control system and going to 6S batteries and trying to make it work with the MK electronics and I2C converter but everyone says to hold off until Synapse is released. Plus if I switch now there's no real motor data any longer that tells me if a newer setup is working better or not. My motor temps are extremely high in this heat (heat index of about 93) and I'm on the east coast where its no where as bad in some other parts of the country. I had a shoot today that my BL's went over 108 degrees on 4 motors. This is just with the Sony 760 to boot. I didn't want to hold up the shoot of the music video on the count of me.

Personally I have no desire for the MOVI gimbals right now because the 3 axis gimbal does a great job. Sure it would be nice to have an improved gimbal at this point there are jobs I can't take because of the heat and motor temps. I will not fly again in this type of weather condition until I address the BL issues. Thank god its been a milder summer unlike last year. Not to mention I am really looking forward to a much improved GPS as the MK consumer GPS is far from ideal. I know its important to fly manually and not rely on automation but a good PH makes all the difference in the world.

I'm hoping the synapse is released some time in the spring and we can have a couple months with it before next years heat is upon us.

18. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Dave: Were you doing a lot of position hold (or manually hovering in one place) when the four motors went up to 108C?
    I was certainly noticing when I was in the Alvord Desert (at around 98F), that PH/hovering really drove the temps up quickly, but as soon as the copter moved through the air, the BL-Ctrls dropped rapidly.

Which brings me back to the idea of a small fan mounted next to the PDB to induce an airflow over the BL-Ctrls.....I think someone on the form did this back in the Dim Times (meaning about 10 months ago.... ;) ).

Andy.

19. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Josh did the fan thing. Shortly there after he moved to HL motors and 6S. Dave if you can't fly, or barely fly with on the 760, it's probably time to up motor, props, booms. Just flew my ship this evening. 95 degrees, density altitude 9,507. Motor cases were only slightly warm to the touch. And I am still on the 4S test motors. You won't loose anything, I don't miss the logging and when the Synapse comes out you will be ready to retire the MK stuff. Don't know who would say hold off if there is a solution that is proven and will keep you in the air.

20. Dave King

HI Andy

Yes a lot of hovering as the director wanted specific shots of the singer which required lots of hovering in specific spots for about to 30 seconds at a time. As the temps were getting very high I do move the copter around from side to side out of PH to cool them. Thats why I said I barely got by. I also do a lot of property shots where I have to hover. Josh was the one that did the fan mount I believe.