/dist/images/branding/favicon

Synapse Log File Converter with flight metrics (Use MK_GPXTOOL/Google Earth to Analyze)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Andy Johnson-Laird, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Humberto: Try doing the procedure in Message #13 above -- first we need to check that gawk is still in a subdirectory where the Automator script can find it.

Andy.

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

2. Humberto Barchini

Hi Andy... sorry for the delay...
    still at the same directory...
    MacBook-Pro:~ Humberto$ which gawk

/usr/local/bin/gawk

and a copy of what it is in slfc.bash

#!/bin/bash
    #Display the parameters received
    #echo "Param1="$1 #For debug
    /user/local/bin/gawk -f ~/sflc.awk "$1"

3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

OK.
    Then we need to check that gawk is actually capable of running.

Via a command window try this command (note: there really are two hyphens before the word "version"):

gawk --version

You should see some thing like this:

GNU Awk 4.1.1, API: 1.1 (GNU MPFR 3.1.2, GNU MP 6.0.0)
    Copyright (C) 1989, 1991-2014 Free Software Foundation.

This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
    it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
    the Free Software Foundation; either version 3 of the License, or
    (at your option) any later version.

This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
    but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
    MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
    GNU General Public License for more details.

You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
    along with this program. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.

If that works ok, then you need to verify that the Bourne Again Shell, bash is in the correct location, so enter this command

which bash

and you should see a response:

/bin/bash

If that's ok, then you need to verify that the the awk script, sflc.awk is still in your home directory, so enter the command:

ls -al ~/sflc.awk (Note the tilde "~" in the command -- it means "home directory")

You should see a response something like this (obviously it will have your name not mine!)

-rw-r--r-- 1 andy staff 74634 Dec 22 22:07 /Users/andy/sflc.awk

Finally, if the above works ok, enter this command:

gawk -f ~/sflc.awk

And you should see a response of:

sflc Version 3.03 2015-12-22 Copyright (c) Johnson-Laird Inc.

Let me know what you find (you can copy and paste the text from the Terminal window into a forum posting).

Hope this helps
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

4. Humberto Barchini

Hi!!!! here the results!:
    MacBook-Pro:~ Humberto$ gawk --version
    GNU Awk 4.1.3, API: 1.1

MacBook-Pro:~ Humberto$ which bash

/bin/bash

MacBook-Pro:~ Humberto$ ls -al ~/sflc.awk

-rw-r--r--@ 1 Humberto staff 74007 Dec 12 16:11 /Users/Humberto/sflc.awk

MacBook-Pro:~ Humberto$ gawk -f ~/sflc.awk

sflc Version 3.02 2015-12-11 Copyright (c) Johnson-Laird Inc.

gawk: /Users/Humberto/sflc.awk:124: fatal: expression for `<' redirection has null string value

al least and error!!!!

hope it solves it!!!!

Thanks Andy

5. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Thanks!

It seems that everything is where it should be.

Try using Terminal to actually run the sflc.awk script like this (assuming your Synapse file is in /logfiles and is called mylog.csv -- and those names are just to show you where they go in the command line):

gawk -f ~/sflc.awk /logfiles/mylog.csv

The output files will all be either in your home directory or in logfiles (I think it's logfiles!) -- my apologies, I'm not at my usual machine so I cannot actually try it.

Let me know what happens when you try that -- who knows, it might be something in my AWK script that's failing...but, as we say in the software business, "it should work...." (usually followed by, "but I only changed one thing..." (in this case I've not made any changes but the Synapse log file has additional columns).

Andy

The Ground Is The Limit™

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Yeah...I checked. Given that sflc.awk doesn't fall on its sword ("it should work"), then output files will be /logfiles.

Andy

The Ground Is The Limit™

7. Humberto Barchini

I start to think is a SYN thing... because it was working nice.... now I have these error...

PS: think SYN thing.... hahahahaha thats funny... in Spanish sounds better hahahaha

Attached Files:

8. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Uhoh. That looks like it's a genuine bug in my code if you're getting a divide by zero.

Can you put the Synapse log file up somewhere I can download it (e.g Dropbox).
    I'm just leaving on vacation tomorrow morning but I'll do my best to look at it...

Can you try it on a previous log file on which you know it has worked? That would clinch the deal.

I may need you to switch on some debugging and run it on the Synapse file that is causing the error.

Andy.

The Ground Is The Limit™

9. Humberto Barchini

Andy... It is not urgent... The log is from the Alta that crashed... In other post...
    It is great to use your tool and I want to compare the results... That's all and I forgot to test it with my own logs... I will do it tomorrow....
    Have a great vacation!!!

Cheers!!!

10. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Sorry for brevity...just dashing out the door....I'll see if I can find the log file you posted....probably be tomorrow. Traveling all day today.

Andy

The Ground Is The Limit™

11. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Humberto:
    Sorry...I've got very poor bandwidth and searching the forum for your posts of a crash is not yielding any results. Do you recall what other search terms I could use to find the post with Synapse log file attached that is giving you the divide by zero error. Alternatively please put the Synapse .csv file up on Dropbox or somewhere from where I can download it.

Andy

12. Marc Cretten

Marc Cretten New Member

anything more happening on this? Im getting the same errors. We looking at using the data from the SD card to log flight times and battery usage

13. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Hi Marc:

I have to hang my head in shame and admit that I've not had a chance to update this utility to the new file format used by Freefly. I hereby promise to try and make the time to do it!

Andy

The Ground Is The Limit™

14. Marc Cretten

Marc Cretten New Member

Hahaha thanks Andy!! That would be fantastic if you could find the time to do that. Much appreciated. We onto our 5th Alta now (2 x 6 and 3 x 8)and thought this would make things easier for us.

Marc

15. Marc Cretten

Marc Cretten New Member

HI Andy,

Did you manage to get this working?

16. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

I'm afraid the real question is "Did your day job allow you enough time to get to work on this?" :(
    And the answer is, "Not yet, but almost!" Sorry for the delay -- this is the perils of producing unsupported software, I'm afraid....

Andy

17. Marc Cretten

Marc Cretten New Member

Its all Good Andy, i fully understand day Jobs keeping you busy, thought i would just check in. Thanks for the reply :)