/dist/images/branding/favicon

Synapse at NAB what?

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Jason Eaton, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Jason Eaton

Jason Eaton New Member

Guys/Girls. we really need to push freefly to release synapse. I know I'm not alone here. Can we all just give the crew at FreeFly an gentle push and say release it already? Ya? No? Thoughts>

2. Tristan Twisselman

Tristan Twisselman Active Member

My thoughts are something like a flight controller needs to be perfect before release. If it was ready, they would have released it by now. The last thing I would want rushed is the heart and soul of the rig haha

3. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

Obviously nobody wants a flight control board to come out prematurely, and nobody wants empty promises that never come but info about Synapse has been harder to get than the military's new spy planes. I asked Tabb several times through PM's and posts on the site if he thought he could give the slightest estimate of when he thought it would be coming out and my messages were never answered. Before MK 3.0 came out I was so desperate I almost bought DJI. In my opinion, Synapse will be unvailed at NAB or it won't come out at all in the following fiscal year. When I say unvailed I mean a flying unit very close to production model model with a full demo. Is there something that you are looking for Synapse to do that the new MK electronics does not do well? NO details really have come out about Synapse to even compare against MK.

4. Chris Daidone

Chris Daidone Member

Totally agree with you Dave. The Synapse is like a unicorn...LOL. However it was recently spotted being utilized on FF's RED Dragon snow filled demo. The optimist in me wants to believe that testing is complete, and it will be revealed at NAB. Though still very green with multi-rotors, my experience with MK hasn't been a fun one at all. I too am just about ready to revert back to DJI. If the Synapse is released and proves to be stable, I plan on switching regardless of cost.

5. Arthur Vieira

Arthur Vieira Flight Squad

just got an e-mail from FF yesterday and one of my questions was the Synapse.
    Here's the answer :)
    "We don’t have a release date on the Synapse yet. It is still in beta testing."

6. Fredrik Eriksson

Fredrik Eriksson New Member

No need to. The synapse is going to have a price that is pure fantasies and will leav you with your pants sold on ebay.

Sebastian Meredith likes this.
  7. Paul Christopher Greene

Jason - I feel ya...we've been sitting tight for a year now as I simply don't want to build our Dragon UAV with anything less than Synapse.

That said, I also agree with Tristan, that anything that can reasonably be done to ensure it's bullet proof and crashes as little as possible is a good thing.

Fredrik - what makes you think the cost will be outrageous? Sounds like pure speculation as estimated costs for CS8HL w/ Synapse so far are in line with existing CS8 pricing.

I take it from the lack of NAB info on this we're not getting any updates this week sigh...

PCG