/dist/images/branding/favicon

Switching between Mimic and DX7

Discussion in 'MIMIC' started by Richard Sachar, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Richard Sachar

Richard Sachar New Member

What is the best way to switch between using a Mimic and a DX7 controller? Do you have to switch out the receiver or can the freefly receiver bind to the dx7 as well?
    Thanks for any input,
    Rick

2. Todd Hillhouse

Todd Hillhouse New Member

I was just about to post this question. I have two movi m5's. I bought one with a mimic and and one with the DX7. I recently bought another mimic. Can I just attach the mimic receiver and leave the dx7 receiver where it is and only use one controller at a time?

Next question is what would happen if both were turned on at same time?

3. Todd Hillhouse

Todd Hillhouse New Member

Anyone at Freefly know the answer? Any possible interference leaving a dx7 and mimic receiver plugged in at same time leaving one TX off?

4. Wolf Schiebel

Wolf Schiebel Active Member

I have 3 receivers fix mounted on my M-15, Spectrum, S-Bus and Mimic and its no problem to switch between them in the app.

Best,

Wolf

5. Ben Kanegson

Ben Kanegson New Member

Hi Wolf, wondering if you might explain how you do this? Do you physically unplug from mimic receiver and plug in to the dx7 receiver also mounted on the m-15? As I recall, had to remove the dx7 receiver to install the Mimic one in same area.... though they could conceivably be stuck on side by side.

Thank you for elaborating.

Ben

6. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Hi Ben, I removed the bottom cover plate on the right side where the cables go in, and you can plug in both a 3-pin and a 5-pin cable underneath, and run the cables out through the strain relief at the bottom of the cover. This enables you to plug in both the Mimic and the DX7 satellite receivers at the same time. I have them both velcro-ed to the side and back of the Movi, and can switch between them in the app.

Here's a crappy picture of the two receivers. The Mimic receiver is on the right side, and the DX7 satellite is on the back (both have white labels on them)

IMG_1325.jpg

7. Ben Kanegson

Ben Kanegson New Member

Excellent, thank you. Will attempt to do same. Hopefully, my M-10 can also be rigged this way. Pic much appreciated.

Ben

8. Wolf Schiebel

Wolf Schiebel Active Member

...and additionally you can even plug in an s-bus receiver ...

In the app choose between dsm48 (spectrum) or s-bus. Once you turn on the Mimic it overrides all receiver selections in the app.

Best Wolf