/dist/images/branding/favicon

Super newbie question

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Ivan Escasan, May 12, 2013.

1. Ivan Escasan

Ivan Escasan New Member

I cant turn the motors ON. :(.

I know my receiver its working, I see the signal perfectly on the MK tool but I push the THR (gas) and the motors dont respond, during the power up they turn, and if I do a test on the MK Tool individually they turn too.
    Of course during this test I have no propellers on. Any ideas if I need to check on something on MK Tool or reset something.

Thank you everyone. I already went over the MK Manual that Mr. Smoker provided me with but maybe I missed something.

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Ivan:
    Can you confirm that you have calibrated the compass? If you have not, then as a safety feature you will not be able to throttle up.

Also, in MK Tool if you have set the option not to take off without a GPS fix, that can cause the same symptoms.

Andy.

3. Josh Lambeth

Josh Lambeth Well-Known Member

Did you calibrate the gyros and the acc? Make sure the copter is perfectly level then do UP and to the Right to calibrate the acc. The copter will beep. After that, throttle back down then throttle UP and to the Left. THe copter will beep again. Now try starting motors, throttle down and to the right.

Josh

4. Ivan Escasan

Ivan Escasan New Member

Hi everyone, I already tried all the rocmmendations, I went in to mk tool and check for the "Dont start with out.." I only checked "ignore magnet", then I callibrated the ACC.
    I also tried Josh Lambeth suggestions and I get the beeps but when I tried to power them up they dont respond.

5. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Ivan:
    Just to double check as you don't specifically mention it, but you say you have already calibrated the compass like this:

Andy.

6. Shaun Stanton

Shaun Stanton Active Member

When you try to start the motors are you getting a sequence of beeps?

If not you may want to confirm that your throttle on your controller is going to a low enough throttle gas. I think you need to make sure your throttle can go all the way to zero. There is a setting on the DX8 called throttle travel. You want to verify in Koptertools that you can go all the way to 0. If throttle stick is above zero it wont let you start.

Also you may want to verify that you do not have a motor safety switch enabled. It is on the channel tab in the Koptertools. If there is one enabled it also will not let you start as well. You would have to make sure motor safety switch is not checked and that you have a 0 in the box.

[​IMG]

This is a feature that is not necessary with flying a Cinestar. It is there for people doing aerobatics with a sport multi-rotor.

Shaun