/dist/images/branding/favicon

Stupid me.....

Discussion in 'Batteries & Power' started by Brian Legrady, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Brian Legrady

Brian Legrady New Member

I was quickly charging LiPo batts for the M-15 this morning and on one charger I started to plug the balance lead into side of charger in the wrong direction (upside down). I know, impossible, but the leads were able to touch and I got a slight spark. Immediately pulled power to charger. Unplugged unit from batt, and replugged batt correctly to charger. I showed a row of four red lights for cel balance, and a constant red light for condition. Not sure what to do, I unplugged batt from charger, and attached another battery to it. Same light configuration. Keeping battery on charger. lights are still all red. Charger a little warm. Been that way for 1/2 hr. What now?

2. Rod Hartzog

Rod Hartzog Member

Hi Brian,
    I would get a lipo tester and read the charge level of the lipo before hooking up to the charger. (It will read as a percentage of charge)
    Put the battery on the charger and keep an eye on it to make sure there is no danger, let it charge for a half hour and then disconnect lipo and take another reading from the balance adapter with the lipo tester. If it shows the same percentage of charge, the charger is fried and you will need another. Ask me how I know!!:)