/dist/images/branding/favicon

Strange Shipping Issue

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Jeff Cook, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Jeff Cook

Jeff Cook Member

So my MōVi got shipped, I'm excited as a little girl on Christmas, then I get a call from UPS...

"This is Bob with UPS, we have a package addressed to you and we have secured it in a safe location pending further inspection".

WHAT! - My heart started racing like a rabbit, does this mean I cannot get my package!!

"The package is vibrating and beeping like an explosive device".

It's not!, I promise, let me come down there and I will open it for you!!!

I race down to the UPS location, I am greeted by several very conserned inspectors, and yes, the box is vibrating and beeping, (great), but I remain calm. I open the box, slide out the M10 and sure enough, the Spektrum transmitter is on and it's not happy, LCD screen flashing, beeping like a bomb and vibrating just to make it fun...

The USP guys actually seems a little let down that is was not a Nuclear device, I'm just glad I got my MōVI:)

The lesson learned here: if I happens to you, don't panic and don't let them lock up your MōVI just because it wants out of the box!

2. Garry Clarke

Garry Clarke Member

WTF.......How the heck does it turn itself on while inside a sealed box. o_O
    Be careful it may be possessed! Wheres Ghost Busters when you need them.

3. Brandon Loeser

It probably was left on. Spektrum radios have an alarm after 10min (depending on how it's set) of not using it... it vibrates and beeps like crazy. Helps to keep the battery from dying. So after testing your MōVI it was shipped pretty quick :)

4. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

Doubt it would've made it very far if it was shipped from Seattle like that. Must have happened in transit. Unless Seattle shippers dont care about vibrating and beeping packages..

Justin Marx likes this.
  5. There is a piece of foam that sits in the packaging over the face of the transmitter (which is where the sliding power switch is) and in shipment sometimes the movement of that piece of foam slides the power switch on. We have since started removing that piece of foam but it appears you got one in which it was left in. Our apologies for the UPS adventure!

Justin Marx likes this.
  6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Bonus points to Denise for responding to an email from me at 11:37 pm Pacific Time!

Andy.

Justin Marx likes this.
  7. Hikari Homma

Hikari Homma Member

I'm doubting if I can bring my MoVI to overseas countries or not. FREEFLY have to make it clear. Now I got many offer with MoVI work but mostly I have to flight. And I heard many problem was happened when you bring MoVI to overseas countries.

8. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

Hikari, it's just camera gear. Do you ever have issues traveling with cameras? I have not heard of any issues. I have also traveled to multiple countries without issues. In most countries you'll have to carry the batteries with your carry-on items but that goes for any other camera equipment batteries also.

9. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Hikari if you are concerned that the transmitter might turn itself on simply unplug the battery in the transmitter.

10. Nils Ruinet

Nils Ruinet Member

That's pretty funny. I'm not an expert but I would think an explosive device doesn't vibrate and/or beep, it just explodes when ready and doesn't make any noise before that, unfortunately...

Or do the UPS guys still think that a bomb makes a tic-toc noise ?.... :rolleyes:

I'm a bit scared right now : my phone is vibrating and beeping too, like an explosive device. Should I call the police ?