/dist/images/branding/favicon

Strange BL behavior with Charts and Graphs!

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Ben Freedman, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Ben Freedman

Ben Freedman Member

Howdy...

So, I took one last flight today before RMAing all my motors to go back to QC to check for bearing issues. I'll be out of town for 3 weeks on shoots, so this is a good time to have them checked.

On my last flight, in 80 degree weather, there was definitely some odd things going on with my BLs...

[​IMG]

As you can see, three motors have high-ish temperatures... Namely the rear motors of 4, 5, and 6. This could be caused by my slightly rear-heavy heli, as I am trying out a new battery mounting position for the gimbal.

What's odd, however, is that 3 of the motors seem to be drawing far less current...namely 2, 3, and 6. So motor 6 is hot, but drawing less current. Motor 1 is drawing more current, but is cooler... Huh?

A few questions:

1) What is the operating range of the BL?
    2) In 80 degrees F, should the BLs really be getting that hot with a light load?
    3) What would cause the currents of those 3 motors to be so much lower than the rest
    4) Could this be a bearing issue? Issue with the BL sensors?

I know I could switch motors to test out some of these theories, but I didn't have time, so I'll try that with the new motors from QC in a few weeks..

Love to hear your opinions in the mean time. GPX file is attached, and here are the graphs I promised...

[​IMG]

That was motors temps. Here's motor currents:

[​IMG]

Notice the set of 5 high current, and the set of 3 low current motors... Strange...

Thanks for your time and reponses...

Best,

Ben

Benjamin Freedman
    PrimeImage Media
    480-399-0000 - direct
    480-240-9270 - office
    866-549-6051 - fax
    ben@PrimeImageMedia.com
    www.PrimeImageMedia.com

Attached Files: