/dist/images/branding/favicon

Straight to Bootloader once DX8 turned on?

Discussion in 'Radian' started by Matt McTurk, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Matt McTurk

Matt McTurk New Member

Aircraft Type: Cinestar 8
    Gimbal Type: Freefly 3-axis
    Radian Type ( 1, 2 , 3 axis) 3 axis
    Gimbal Power source: 1350mAh 11.1V with Castle BEC
    Gimbal Radio Type: Spektrum DX8
    Radian Communication Protocol (S.Bus, PPM, PWM, Spektrum) Spektrum Satelite

Connections: Change these to match your setup
    Roll Sensor:
    Port
    1. From Pan
    3. To Tilt sensor
    4. To Roll Servo

Tilt Sensor:
    Port
    1.From Roll sensor
    3. To Tilt Servo

Pan Sensor:
    Port
    1. Power
    3. To roll Sensor
    4. To pan Servo

Spektrum Satellite connected to Pan Sensor

Symptoms: When I power up my radians everything starts off fine. The gimbal levels itself, and all of sensors show only green solid lights (the pan servo green light is blinking slow). Then I power up the Spektrum DX8. Once that happens it immediately goes to bootloader mode (both led's solid). I can adjust the pan but I can't tilt it at all. If I turn the mode switch to "OFF" the yellow led stays solid, but the green light blinks slow.

Steps taken to resolve: I have updated the firmware, and completely re-setup the channel configuration multiple times. I have also tested each check box for the Spektrum in the I/O configuration.

How do I make my DX8 work with these radians?

2. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

Your tilt servo is plugged into the wrong port. It should be in port 4. Try that. Also you should be powering up the transmitter before the gimbal. It's just a general good practice in R/C to be sending a signal before powering the receiver. This however would probably not affect anything with the gimbal.

Thank you for filling out the form!

Brad

3. Matt McTurk

Matt McTurk New Member

Hey Guys,

I figured out my issue. I didn't realize that I needed to plug the usb programmer into each radian. I thought it just needed to be plugged into the pan, hence the reason why my pan was working properly. Once I plugged in the usb into each radian and programmed just that radian for its specific task, everything worked. My next issue was the green and yellow light. In the instruction manual it says that a solid green and yellow led mean bootloader mode. Well I found out that the green and yellow led can also mean that everything is good to go.

4. Matt McTurk

Matt McTurk New Member

Thanks Brad, I just looked at it, and my tilt is actually in port 4. I must have got my numbers confused. Thanks for the help. I am all set to go now.

5. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

Yup. I had the same issue with the green and yellow lights on my initial setup. It's a little confusing there. Glad you got it all figured out. It's fairly simple once you get through the initial curve.

Brad