/dist/images/branding/favicon

Steadimate and Movi Pro

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Collin Enstad, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Collin Enstad

Collin Enstad New Member

Hey!

As some of you may know, there's another way to mount your Movi to your body besides just a Ready Rig. The steadimate adapts the gimbal to a Steadicam vest and arm. https://tiffen.com/steadicam/steadimate/

I've used a vest and arm many times with a regular Steadicam and they feel sooo much better over a day's work than a Ready Rig.

Originally I thought that it would be best to try and find a mount to the Pro Ring to have a balanced tilt like with the Cinemilled spindles, but reading the Steadimate manual, it says that it's already balanced on the tilt and pan axes.

Anyone have experience running these together? Does the arm stick out too far? Is it possible to 'fold' the arm in to fit through doorways without affecting the shot? And with which arms and vests have you used?

Thanks!

2. Dale McCready

Dale McCready Member

I found that when you walk your hips jig left and right and this gets transmitted straight to the gimbal as there's no floating joint like on an actual steadicam to remove this. great stability for vertical movement but not great left to right.