/dist/images/branding/favicon

Steadicam-Steadimate

Discussion in 'MōVI M15' started by Kevin Derda, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Kevin Derda

Kevin Derda New Member

Just purchased the Steadimate with the A-30 Arm was wondering if anybody else has had any experience with the Movi on the steadimate ???

2. Chris Keenan

Chris Keenan New Member

Hi Kevin, have you received it yet? I've been wanting to test the Steadimate for some time now.. Currently using an Easyrig with Serene / Puppeteer combo for one of my projects.. I'm very interested to know how you find the Steadimate? If you could post your thoughts on it and maybe even some test footage that'd be greatly appreciated!

3. Kevin Derda

Kevin Derda New Member

I have received it and have been doing some testing with it. First impression is great. The ability to take the weight off of your arms and place it on the core of your body makes it a lot easier to perform longer shots. I have only taken it on one job so far and had some mixed reviews. It defiantly hinders low shots and higher shots while hooked up to the arm (you can adjust to get these shots but you have to change where the arm is mounted on the vest) Another draw back instructional book that you receive from Steadicam is not written real well and is confusing in certain sections. I have had to do a lot of testing (I'm still testing) on difference balances and set up to try to achieve the smoothest shots. That being said I think it is going to be a very beneficial piece of gear to help operators battle long take and long day fatigue.

4. Drazen Stader

Drazen Stader New Member

Very interesting discussion. Kevin please keep sharing your impressions...I am looking into buying one of these steadimates also.

5. gerardo manjarrez

gerardo manjarrez New Member

Hi, does anyone know if the Steadimate would work to use a Pro Arm with the Movi 15? Thanks!

6. Steve James

Steve James New Member

I am thinking of purchasing a Movi Pro with a Steadimate 15 (bundle from B&H).

I have two quick questions:

How quickly can you remove the Steadimate from the gimbal? I want to transition from the Steadimate to the Movi Dock and back to Steadimate in one shot.

Can you fit through doors with it attached to the gimbal? It seems to stick out a way...

Thank you,
    Steve

7. Julien Borne

Julien Borne New Member

I did shoot a couple of project on the M15 with my steadimate + A30 system.

Works great !! Just got back from a 3 days shoot on RED weapon + Vantage hawks anamorphic lenses with a rental M15*, performed perfectly, couple of days later I bought a M15 and am trying to sell my Ronin (great tool for light weight projects but clearly not in the same league than freefly products).

*the arm settings were just under the middle range of the weight capacity, so it should mean that a A-15 arm might have been able to do the job here.

@Steve James: the doors are clearly a bit of a problem with gimbals + steadicam arm, we need to practice the "moves" :'p and the transitions can be smooth... after a bit/a lot of practice (and if the dock isn't too low... the trick is to lower your entire body so the arm disconnects itself easily)

#7 Julien Borne, Dec 5, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  8. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

9. Julien Borne

Julien Borne New Member

Sorry about that @Garry, I just did :)

10. Ashok Kumar

Ashok Kumar Member

I also purchased steadicam scout with ronin steadimate also freefly m15,my doubt is any one have similar experience in using these two, pls reply