/dist/images/branding/favicon

Start/Stop Function

Discussion in 'MōVI Controller' started by Kevin Descheemaeker, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Ben Ruffell

Ben Ruffell Active Member

I have this here on the bench now.
    Plugged into the Red via the sync. And GPIO set for record.
    GPI in High = Record Start
    GPI in Low = Record Stop
    (I tested this with an axis 1 and it's working correctly)
    Movi Controller is set to toggle.
    Red light is on full-time on the little cable, and the green light pops on and stays on when I hit the record button. Off when I hit it again.
    On the MoVI Controller I can confirm that the Rec indicator is highlighted when the button is pressed.
    But, camera is not rolling.
    Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

2. Ben Ruffell

Just an update.

Chris from Quadrocopter has been super helpful, and even sent through a video showing how to set it up.

But... it looks like we have had it set up correctly, and that the cable is in fact faulty. (out of the box).

Pretty frustrating. But Quadrocopter is happy to test it for us. (Frustrating as we are in New Zealand, and it will be a lot of time and money to send back).

3. Ben Ruffell

And another update.

The cable is faulty.

It arrived to us faulty.

We have tested it, and communicated the results back to Quadrocopter.

But, we are not getting any response at all from them.

This has been going on for too long. I would have expected a resolution by now.

It's beyond frustrating now. I am wondering if they are going to stand behind their product.

4. Jonathan Ross

Jonathan Ross Member

If I can say they have always been very responsive to our needs. We have had trouble with the Start/stop issue and they have supported us every time. Don't give up try again I am sure there must be a communication issue. Best of luck.

5. Chris Boots

Chris Boots New Member

Hello Ben,
    The package arrived yesterday and the entire setup was completely replaced and tested on a Dragon and an Epic to make sure it will work out for you. As of today it's already on a plane headed back to you.

Jonathan Ross likes this.
  6. Jeff Scholl

Jeff Scholl Distributor

You can also try this solution for start/stop with the MoVI Controller and Red.

Just make sure the Red is not turned on with the Lemo cable inserted when you power up the MoVI gimbal. For some reason the Red gets some confusing signals from the MoVI and will not start/stop. Either start the Red camera after the MoVI start up or simply unplug the Lemo connector to the Red before MoVI start up.

Jeff

7. Ben Ruffell

The cable was sent to us with a fault in it. This was just confirmed by Quadrocopter. They tested it and found a broken wire.

So, after 5 weeks of emails and me chasing them, a new cable is on the way.

It should not take this long for a company to replace a faulty product.

8. Nik Brown

Nik Brown New Member

Would this setup work with the 4K blackmagic camera please?

9. Jonathan Ross

Jonathan Ross Member

10. Jeff Scholl

Jeff Scholl Distributor

We are able to start/stop the BMPC with the MoVI controller, Quadroshutter, and gentWIRE-lancPLUS (173) cable.
    We don't have a 4k Blackmagic at the office so we are not able to verify, but the http://www.gentles.ltd.uk/gentwire/lanc.htm lists it as a compatible camera.

Jeff

11. Derek Cooper

Derek Cooper Active Member

Ben - sorry to hear it! I think you ran in to a rarity with Quad - they've always been great. Just had to send a BL back for warranty work, got a quick problem resolution on the phone, shipped it back FedEx and it's now on its way to Germany for work. Royce confirmed today it will likely take 3 weeks in Germany, then back to Quad for return to me.

Whenever I've dealt with them to resolve problems, they've always been great.

Chris has always been very receptive to my questions on the QuadroShutter when it was originally released. All good.

12. Rob Seiffert

Rob Seiffert New Member

Is there any way to trigger run/stop on a red epic from the freefly controller using the redrock microremote system instead of connecting a run/stop cable to the Movi? Does this make sense? We've been using our redrock remote to hit record, and would like to somehow map the record button on the Movi Controller to do the same thing. Possible?

13. Jose Luis Ocejo

Jose Luis Ocejo Active Member

Hi to all I got a GentWire RedPRO 102 im trying to make it work on my Movi base on Jeff's video
    http://www.quadrocopter.com/GentWIRE-RedPRO-102_p_1483.html
    but he uses a Futaba 14SG, I am using a Spectrum DX8,
    I understand that it will also work with Spectrum do you guys have any more info on this
    thanks

14. Chris Boots

Chris Boots New Member

Hello Jose,
    You shouldn't have an issues running the DX8 since you have a couple extra channels. I'd set channel 1 on the cable to a 3 position switch, and then set channel 2 to the rudder channel. I'd probably use an AR8000 reciever since it has the dual reciever ability, as well as the pwm outputs. You'll most likely plug into "Aux 2" and "Rudder", as well as disable your roll trim channel within the movi app so it doesn't interfere.

-Chris