/dist/images/branding/favicon

Standard servo output on Movi Controller

Discussion in 'MōVI Controller' started by Kasper Bröns, Apr 23, 2016.

1. Kasper Bröns

Kasper Bröns New Member

Hi!
    I'm wondering if it's possible to get an standard servo cable output from the controller thru the mövi? I would like to use a homemade servo motor instead of red rock etc. So is it possible to use some kind och connector so that i can use the focus wheel on the controller to control a standard servo on my M15? Would be an awesome budget hack. For example with the quadroshutter?

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

I don't think there is any PWM** output on the MōVI Controller, Kasper.
    I'll double check, but...

Andy

** Pulse Width Modulation : The standard signal used for proportional servos.

----------
    Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

3. Reiel Lien Bruland

Reiel Lien Bruland New Member

I wanted to bump this, is there a way to run a servo this way? i want to turn a led light on/off with e.g. the rec start button.

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Reiel: That's a question for Freefly themselves, https://freeflysystems.com/contact -- I'm not sure whether they would disclose the interface they use, but it's worth asking.

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert