/dist/images/branding/favicon

Sporadic Spektrum Telemetry

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Chris Newman, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Chris Newman

Chris Newman Member

Has anyone had any issues with their Spektrum Telemetry? I was on a shoot yesterday and my Cs* heli dropped from the low voltage cut off, luckily I was only a few feet above the ground. It seems like when I launch the telemetry it working but it decides to not work sometimes or cut out? Has anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks!

2. Joe Azzarelli

Joe Azzarelli Active Member

Chris
    I had a similar issue. In fact looking at the dx8 screen I would see the signal bars flicker on and off - like it was not always getting a good signal. For some reason, re-binding everything fixed the issue. Give it a try!

Also keep the tm1000 antenna away from the cf.

Joe Azzarelli

3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

As I recall my RF theory most of the radiated power emanates from the tips of the antennae, so for certain, keep those away from the carbon fiber as far as you can.

For Graupner Rx, for example, there is this.

Andy.

4. Chris Newman

Chris Newman Member

Hey Joe, I recently rebound my Telemetry and the problem happens soon after that. Andy, good idea I will try and get the antenna away from the carbon fiber. I'll let you know how it goes!

5. Arthur Vieira

Arthur Vieira Flight Squad

Chris,
    I used to have this sometimes.
    What I did to resolve the problem:
    - Rebind.
    - Repositioned the antenna, leaving it horizontally (just like my Satellites) but keet it as far as possible from the satellite.
    - Triple checked that the TM1000 is getting enough power, sometimes if you power it from the FC and the gimbal servos stall, the TM just start to reboot. Unfortunately the only way to see this (that I know) is to hold the gimbal by hand and force the servos. Apply some torque to the belts.
    - Check if the power cable (data connector) is not broken, I usually apply some hot glue to it.
    Good luck

6. Chris Newman

Chris Newman Member

Hey Everyone,

I extended the tm1000 away from everything and made sure the antenna is straight up.

On my last shoot, the TM1000 was not realible at all. I would power up and it would get reception and a minute later it would stop working completey. The light on the tm1000 would just turn off completely.
    Has anyone else had this problem? Do I need a new tm1000?