/dist/images/branding/favicon

Spektrum Receiver on M15 not working after Mimic Beta install

Discussion in 'MIMIC' started by Tov Belling, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Tov Belling

Tov Belling Member

Hi all,
    Hoping you guys can shed some light on this. I have been talking to Freefly Support for a week with no solution.
    After we installed the Mimic Beta on the M15 the Spektrum Satellite receiver stopped working.
    It is plugged in to the 3 pin port NEXT TO the mimic port on in the Movi control box. I removed the cover fed the cable through the strain relief etc, I am NOT plugged into the port (poorly) labeled 'Spektrum' on the Mimic receiver box.
    I am switched to DSM2 2048 on the 'Radio Type' on the app, I have a DX7s.
    The receiver does flash orange on power up, then nothing. The Bind Procedure seems to have no effect.No flashing orange lights at all.
    I did read something about rolling back the firmware, but was't too sure.
    Any help will be much appreciated.
    Thanks
    Tov

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Tov: I'm going from memory here, but I don't think you can bind directly to the Spektrum Satellite Receiver -- the Satellite needs to be connected to a Spektrum Main Receiver before you can bind the Main/Satellite -- and *then* you can separate the Satellite and use it stand-alone.

But I have a nagging doubt that it's the MoVI Controller that can do a direct bind to a satellite? Sorry....just don't remember. Perhaps another forum member can leap in and confirm what I said. Jason (in Japan)?

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

Tov Belling likes this.
  3. Tov Belling

Tov Belling Member

Thank you Andy, this is the first real lead that I have! I will follow up.

4. Tov Belling

Tov Belling Member

Hi, yay! I have solved this.
    Unplug mimic receiver, re install firmware, bind with Spektrum Satellite receiver in the usual way through the app, plug mimic back in.
    It just works!
    T

Simon Hawkins likes this.
  5. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Cool....I did have a faint memory that one of the FF devices could actually bind directly with a Satellite receiver -- which is really unusually as you normally have to have the main receiver attached to the Satellite to bind to a Tx.

Thanks
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert