/dist/images/branding/favicon

Spektrum label on Movi Controller Reciever

Discussion in 'MIMIC' started by Nicolas T, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Nicolas T

Nicolas T Member

Anyone else notice the Movi Controller Reciever has a Spektrum port? I added one of these to my Movi as part of the Mimic Package and thought I could plug the Spektrum reciever into it to be able to use the Skeptrum instead of Mimic. That apparently did not work. The Sketrum Reciever has power but it does not connect.

I did see another thread on the Mimic section about how you would connect both. I am just curious what this port does.
    [​IMG]

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

You can connect both the Spektrum and the Mimic receivers because there's a 5-pin and a 3-pin port on the Movi. I keep two receivers connected\velcroed to my Movi, and switch between them in the app (DSM2 2048 and Movi Controller). They both plug directly in to the Movi, not each other. You may have to remove the side cover to plug these cables in and strain-relief them.

3. Nicolas T

Nicolas T Member

I saw your post on the other thread. I am still wondering what is the purpose of the spektrum port on this device?

4. Bryan Edmonds

Bryan Edmonds Chief Mōvi Whisperer

The Spektrum port on the Freefly Receiver is where the Universal Start Stop Adapter plugs in, when used with the MōVI Controller.

Graham is 100% correct that you can have a Spektrum Satellite (we use the SPM9645) or a full receiver (AR8000, etc) AND a Freefly Receiver installed at the same time, with both cables plugged in their proper port on the MōVI itself. Then you can switch between which receiver the MōVI is listening to, with the Radio Type in the App.

In the app:
    • Spektrum Satellite (SPM9645): DSM2/X 2048
    • Spektrum full receiver (AR8000, etc): Sbus
    • Freefly Receiver (MōVI Controller or MIMIC): MōVI Controller

Graham Futerfas likes this.
  5. Nicolas T

Nicolas T Member

Thanks. That answers that. I am looking to sell my Spektrum since I have no use for it any more, and barely used it. Good to know though. Should I sell the Spektrum Satellite with the controller?

6. Bryan Edmonds

Bryan Edmonds Chief Mōvi Whisperer

That is, of course, up to you. But without the Spektrum radio, you won't have any use for the satellite.

Anyone that is buying the radio from you for use other than MōVI, will likely need to buy a full receiver (with Sbus) to be able to run it, but the satellite is a nice addition to an AR8000 receiver.

7. Graham Futerfas

One thing to consider: I ended up buying a set of PLC Geared Wheels to control the Movi, and it uses the Spektrum satellite receiver. Like you, I don't even bring my Spektrum out to set anymore.

If you think you might upgrade to something like that, you might want to hang on to the receiver. Alternatively, you can buy a new AR8000 receiver on Amazon for $120.

8. Nicolas T

Nicolas T Member

The tiny receiver on the Movi is a 120$ item? Wow.

9. Graham Futerfas

10. Nicolas T

Nicolas T Member

Course the Movi only comes with that the smaller of the 2 pieces (the one with the 2 antennas) or at least that is all I got with mine.

11. Wolf Schiebel

Wolf Schiebel Active Member

I even have all three receivers (Mimic/Spectrum/S-Bus) installed. It's quite easy and i use it the following way:

The Mimic receiver is "Master", meaning if i switch on the Mimic it is connecting and running always, regardless which receiver is selected in the app menue.
    The S-Bus i use for my FX-30 rc transmitter, it is always selected in the menue, meaning it is active if my Mimic is off and the Fx-30 is on.
    The spectrum rx is used for my Thumbcontroller and to activate it i have to change it in the menue to DSM 1024.

Best,

Wolf

Graham Futerfas likes this.