/dist/images/branding/favicon

Spektrum DX7s Setup

Discussion in 'MōVI MR' started by Brent Schnarr, Oct 19, 2013.

1. Brent Schnarr

Brent Schnarr New Member

I'm new to the RC world and i'm having trouble setting up my DX7s. I ordered the Movi MR with the thought of adding a cinestar HL when it becomes available. Until then I need to make it work in M10 mode. Does anyone have the .SPM file or any other directions on how to setup? (I wish there was a setup manual or video showing this :(

2. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

Before you can do any real work you'll have to pair the spektrum satellite receiver to your transmitter. Follow the directions in the manual for pairing.

After that you plug the satellite into the port on the MoVI and then set up assignments via bluetooth and the software. The MoVI manual has a table of channel assignments.

3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Brent: given you're new to RC (and for others who may read this thread later), Brad's point is spot on: Don't change the DX7s, just make the changes you need to the MōVI via the Configurator app. I think you'll find that it's far easier and far less confusing to do this.

Andy.

4. Brent Schnarr

Brent Schnarr New Member

Ok another stupid question where do you plug the bind plug in? It fits into the port next to the Spektrum satellite port but it doesn't seem to do anything. Side question when i turn on the movi 50% of the time i get 3 blinking lights and so i have to turn it off wait 10 sec and turn it back on and repeat until i get 3 solid lights. (this happens with and without anything plugged into it.) any suggestion how to fix that?

5. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

You would need the other reciever if you attempting to bind using this method. The other port is futaba SBUS. Look to this thread for binding without the full dx7 reciever through the MoVI PC app. forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/remote-control.2519/#post-30374

Also, if the MoVI is moving during the initialization phase, it will fail and you will get the flashing lights. Be sure it is perfectly still until you get solid lights.

6. Adam Paugh

Adam Paugh Distributor

Quick video on DX7s/MoVI binding we recently completed.

7. Brent Schnarr

Brent Schnarr New Member

Thanks the video was very helpful. The big problem i had was (bind is pc only) I'm a mac android person.