/dist/images/branding/favicon

spectrum dx7s (Transmitter only)

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by HJ Passard, Mar 26, 2015.

1. HJ Passard

HJ Passard New Member

Hello, I buy one spectrum dx7s (Transmitter only) ?
    I have no small black box(flight recorder) as on the video

it's ok for a M5 ?
    thank you

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

HJ: The small black box is the "satellite" (secondary) receiver. You will need to purchase something like this:http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=SPM9645 -- this receiver operates using "DSMX" protocol...

To "bind" the receiver to the DX7s, you will need to connect it up to a suitable "main" receiver first. So, you might be better off to buy something like the AR6210 "main" receiver. http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=SPMAR6210 (it's not clear to me whether you actually get the satellite receiver as well -- the home page image suggests you do, and the product specifications include details of antenna size, but it's not clear whether the satellite receiver is part of the package or not.)

The theory behind main and satellite receivers is that you put them in different positions on the aircraft so that if the antennae of the main receiver are not getting a good signal, the hope is that the satellite receiver will be getting good signal. However, satellite receivers, can operate independently (as in the case of the MōVI).

BUT....before the satellite receiver can operate independently, it needs to be connected to a main receiver and then the main receiver "bound" together with the transmitter -- this is a process of the main (and satellite) receiver being configured to work with one specific transmitter. This binding is necessary so that the "duckling" can recognize its "mother." :) It allows multiple transmitters operating at the same RC model flying field to establish contact with the correct receivers.

EDIT: Hooboy... you can tell that the caffeine hadn't kicked in this morning when I wrote the above -- i was thinking of the typical situation where you use just a satellite receiver on something other than a MōVI. See Wolf's post below as he points out: The MōVI configuration app allows you bind the satellite receiver without needing the main receiver. What *was* I thinking? Duh.... :)

Hope this helps.
    Andy.

3. Wolf Schiebel

Wolf Schiebel Active Member

Hi Andy,

sorry but you can bind a spektrum satellite receiver on the Mōvi without a main receiver, just via the gui.

So it's just plug in and bind. That main receiver issue we had with mikrokopter and similar.

Best Wolf

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Hi Wolf:
    Yeah....I was just testing that...and, of course, the MōVI does let you bind with out the main receiver. You're quite right.
    Thanks!

Andy.

5. HJ Passard

HJ Passard New Member

I need it or not?
    If yes, how can it be done?
    thanks

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

HJ:
    1. Yes. You need a satellite receiver.
    2. You'll need to purchase it. :)
    3. Then you will connect it to the MōVI and using the FF Configurator app. running on a PC under Windows or on an Android device (e.g. Google Nexus 7), then you can do the binding operation between your transmitter and the satellite receiver.

Andy.

7. HJ Passard

HJ Passard New Member

hi
    ok, it's good
    but How to fix the receiver to M5?
    Glue ??

8. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member