/dist/images/branding/favicon

Sony CX760V on a MōVI M5?

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Steve Maller, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

I was curious if I could get my Sony CX760V to run on my MōVI, so I tried it today. The top bar won't work, as the "hot shoe" is a proprietary Sony thing, but the camera's light enough that it doesn't matter. And I had to turn down the stiffness a bit, too. But it does work. I have an application where the Sony's zoom range is going to be helpful, so I wanted to try it.

2. Michael McVay

Michael McVay Active Member

Do you use the LANC control board for zooming from your transmitter?

3. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

4. Michael McVay

Michael McVay Active Member

I have it on mine and it works quite well. If you will be using it in a two operator set up, consider putting the zoom control on a stick with a center spring. The only thing we had a little issue with is controlling the zoom. We have a Futaba that has a ratcheted throttle stick we use for zooming. The position of the stick controls the speed of the zoom - not the range of the zoom. So if we go up 1 click or two from center it will very slowly keep zooming in until it hits its limit. When it gets really zoomed in, tiny movements look huge - and we sometimes end up further in than we planned to be. A center spring on the zoom might work better. Other than that, it works fantastic and we were hoping to see a 4K camera from Sony with the LANC control (in the same size range as the 760) to have the effortless zoom from a transmitter. I bought mine from QC.