/dist/images/branding/favicon

Sony cx760 and mx-12/gr-12

Discussion in 'Cameras' started by Scott Aubuchon, Jun 1, 2013.

1. Scott Aubuchon

So, I finally have the chance to film a project with the 760. I have read so much about it here and only played with it once. But now have a client that wants the zoom... Cool.

Well, I have it all hooked up with the mk lanc cable. I am also using the gr-12 to connect (in channel 4). I have it working, zoom works on left stick, although it only works on horizontal. Would like to get the record button to fire on switch one. The mk docs say it defaults to channel 11.

My lack of knowledge is vast when it comes to configuring the mx-12. I just want to put the record on switch one and would prefer to get the zoom to move with vertical on the left stick.

None of these are show stoppers, just stumped on how to customize the controller. Forgive me if this is a newb question, or painfully obvious.

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Scott:
    Can you confirm that this http://mikrokopter.de/ucwiki/en/LancCtrl_V1.1 is the LANC controller you have got?
    If so, it does not default to any specific RC channels -- the two servo connectors can be connected up to the GR-12 -- and which ports you connect them to determine which RC channels you will use to control the camera.

Thanks
    Andy.

3. Scott Aubuchon

Hi Andy, yup... 1.1 it is.

Ah, I guess I will try different ports. The record feature is now a moot point, I have been trolling around here and it dawned on me, I have no OSD via the lanc anyway. So I can't see if its on or off... I guess if I get the zoom on the correct port, I will be good to go.

Thanks

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Scott:

So, yeah, find two presently unused RC channels and connect up the two servo connectors to those ports on the GR-12 -- then you will need to use the Control Adjust menu on the MX-20 (where you assign switches/etc to channels) and "map" the appropriate switches to those RC channels. (See page 96 of the MX-20 manual).

What I do is hide the very bridge LED in the back cavity of one of the gimbal's side booms so that it's hiding in a shady space -- you can then easily see that LED from quite a long distance away and confirm what's going on (of course you have to point the camera away from yourself so you can look into the back end of the boom).

Andy.

5. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

You are running into the problem I did. You need a MX20 and at least a GR-16. You don't have enough channels on the MX12-GR12 if you want to use all 3 functions (zoom, trigger, and one for radian modes). It's a painful pill to swallow and I wasn't happy when I discovered this. I have a MX12 and GR12 just collecting dust now. At least I can use the GR12 for the 2nd receiver to trick the Graupner not to send telemetry to the camera operator.

6. Scott Aubuchon

Yeah, not too happy... Oh well, I will settle for zoom and if my work demands it, I'll fork over the cash and make it work.