/dist/images/branding/favicon

Some flight time/LiPo data for y'all

Discussion in 'ALTA' started by Steve Maller, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

I've been flying my ALTA quite a bit with the MōVI M5 and Canon 5D Mark III, and I wanted to push the flight time to the max I was comfortable with just to establish a best/worst case number.

Here's the results of pushing dual Tattu 10,000 mAh LiPo batteries for a 19+ minute flight at sea level. These are well-used batteries with 40+ flights on them.

As you can see, the charger replaced more than 10,000mA per battery, and the resulting internal resistance is still a very respectable 8mΩ.

IMG_7008.jpg

Michael McVay likes this.
  2. Michael McVay

Michael McVay Active Member

Impressive. Do you recall what your voltage under load was before you landed?

3. Humberto Barchini

About to ask the same thing....

4. Steve Maller

The OSD was showing 19.8-20.0v as I was landing. I was very curious to watch how the voltage rolled off on the Tattus. They've really impressed me with their stability. I have five pairs of them, and they've performed flawlessly. I treat them carefully (storage charge, etc.) but I fly the @#$%^& out of them. :eek:

5. Humberto Barchini

Wow!!!!! I never use it lower than 21,5... but yes the Tattu are fantastic! I have 3 pair of 6.200 (for the red) 3 Pairs of 10.000 and 2 pairs of 12.000 all for the Alta...

6. Jose Luis Ocejo

Jose Luis Ocejo Active Member

Impressive..... Steve please don't do it again....just kidding thanks for sharing I have also Tatu Lipos iI wonder if the Alta could send telemetry back with mAh remaining like an eagle tree in flight

7. Chris Workman

Chris Workman New Member

Is there any clear advantage in getting the Tattu over the Freefly Flight packs? They are similar specs/price on paper:

6S
    10,000mAh
    22.2v
    25C continuous 50C burst discharge rating
    the Freefly Packs look a little lighter at 1360g while the Tattu comes in at 1400g

about $250 retail (if you know a better deal let me know!)
    yet the Tattu's seem to be the popular choice.

I'm pricing out gear for an Alta 6 setup and just wanted to know if there was a good reason to get third party lipo's. Looks like the Tattu can take a beating, anyone do similar tests on the Freefly branded packs?

8. Steve Maller

If I had to choose, I'd choose the Freefly packs. Don't know the difference in price, but I also suspect the two may be identical under the skins. Clearly Freefly don't manufacture their own LiPos...just a guess that they might OEM from GensAce/Tattu.

Humberto Barchini likes this.