/dist/images/branding/favicon

Some advice on my next camera - A7s or?

Discussion in 'Cameras' started by georgemcnabb, Mar 9, 2015.

1. georgemcnabb

georgemcnabb Member

Hi guys,

having an internal battle with the choices that are out there.

I currently use the 5Diii for stills and shoot with magic lantern & I love it but the workflow its a bit of pain.

I also have the BMCC 2.5k however am just not a fan, and the low light issues really bother me so am selling it.

Now I am confused wether to get the A7s with Metabones, or GH4 (using EF if i can) or do I just get a second 5Diii without magic lantern for when I need to do fast edits.

Any input from someone with a similar setup would be fantastic

2. Bo Tornvig

Bo Tornvig Member

If low light is a issue for you - don't go for GH4.. 800 iso is almost useless. If I had to make that choice again - I would go for the A7s.

3. Rod Hartzog

Rod Hartzog Member

I use the 5dmkIII for stills and daytime video and the Sony A7s for low light. It excels at low light more than any camera I have used...
    by a long shot... I also use magic lantern for my own projects but it is not a robust hack and sometimes the camera quits rolling mid-flight so I would never use it on a client job. IMHO...

4. georgemcnabb

georgemcnabb Member

Thanks Bo & Rod.

Yes Rod, I have had the same experiences with Magic Lantern mid flight, another reason why I want to look at lifting the A7S instead. Not to mention longer flight times on my HL.

Seems the A7s is the one to have.