/dist/images/branding/favicon

So, what's the latest on the firmware? Reliable yet?

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Ben Huddleston, Aug 23, 2014.

1. Ben Huddleston

I never installed the latest firmware because I kept hearing about problems... I'm about to start shooting a 5-week feature though and am thinking about upgrading the firmware.

Can anyone weigh in that it won't kill my MoVI?

2. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

Worked perfectly the first time for me on my M5. Autotune is worth it, IMHO. But some have had issues. Read the threads and leave enough time in case you need to fix it.

3. Charlie Beyer

Charlie Beyer Member

I'm using it for the first real time and it's great. No probs with upload.
    In fact I'm glad you posted this bc I was thinking about making a post about how I like it. There have been many neg reviews and I wanted to give a pos review. It has better smoothing and I feel it has actually makes me a better Movi op in majestic mode. Auto tune may be the reason but it simply feels better over all. Good job freefly.

4. Wolf Schiebel

Wolf Schiebel Active Member

I full agree to that, Charlie.
    No problems with upgrade at all and much better performance and easier tuning using auto tune as basic to tweak around with...

Thanks,

Wolf

5. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Ben what platform are you using to do the upgrade? PC, Mac, Android? Also suggest making sure that you only have one bluetooth device turned on, the one doing the upgrade, making sure that you have no other devices that might be trying to connect while you are doing the upgrade. Not having other devices on may help, my personal opinion. I've done the upgrade process several times on an M10 and M5 and didn't have a problem. Made sure that I didn't have any other devices with BT turned on. Also start with a freshly charged battery and if you want to use the same config after the upgrade make sure to carefully follow the instructions and save the current config. Otherwise when you come out of the upgrade all stiffness values are set to ZERO.

Steve Maller likes this.
  6. Brett Harrison

Brett Harrison Active Member

It's a matter of making sure your computer is not interrupted. Hop into task manager if you're on windows and close all unneeded processes. Make sure you're plugged in on a laptop. Make sure there's no auto sleep settings.

7. Ben Huddleston

I could do the upgrade on either Mac OSX on my laptop or Android on the Nexus 7. Thanks for the tips.
    Ben

8. jim mundell

jim mundell Member

Worked fine for me.