/dist/images/branding/favicon

SkyView with bottom tray/gear using a TITH

Discussion in 'ALTA' started by Dylan Glockler, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Dylan Glockler

I noticed this in the setup guide (p. 42):
    "Do not install batteries on the lower battery tray if a Toad adapter is also installed. Either remove the Toad adapter or use the Quick Release Battery Tray."

But then later under SkyView (p. 47) it reads " Connect and secure the supplied inverted landing gear to the bottom Toad"

Seems contradictory. Previously, I followed the latter, attaching the bottom landing gear/battery tray to a TITH on the bottom and the MOVI up top with a second TITH.

2. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

There is a new ($435!) upper battery tray that has an inbuilt TitH so you can leave a Toad on the top and the bottom. I suspect the documentation is inconsistent with this new part's availability.

When your MōVI is on the bottom, the battery tray is attached to the upper toad.
    When your MōVI is on top (Skyview mode), the landing gear/battery carrier is attached to the lower Toad.
    Before the arrival of the "ALTA Battery Mount Quick Release", you had to remove the upper battery tray and install a Toad to put a MōVI on top of your ALTA.

http://store.freeflysystems.com/col...ies/products/alta-battery-mount-quick-release

Humberto Barchini likes this.