/dist/images/branding/favicon

Single Radian for YAW?

Discussion in 'Radian' started by Maxis Gamez, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Maxis Gamez

Maxis Gamez Member

Hi guys,

I finally got my gimbal brushless kit. I was wondering if you guys can help me confirm what I have in mind. I keep reading negative feedback about controlling the YAW using a brushless motor, therefore I would like to start with a Freefly servo.

Shopping list:

Single Radian to handle YAW using a Freefly servo
    Alexmos controller to handle the brushless motors
    DX8 System with AR8000 receiver (Already have)

Does that sound right? What else do I need? I'll be flying a 5D MKIII with 16-35mm L f/2.8 II lens.

Thank you for the help!

2. Glenn Dreher

Glenn Dreher New Member

Hi Maxis,

I was speaking with Grayson at brushlessgimbals.com a couple of days ago and it looks like your list is spot on compared to what he said. I'm looking to do the same build as you. Where did you buy your brushless kit from?

3. Maxis Gamez

Maxis Gamez Member

Hi Glenn,

I purchased this kit as I'm planning to use a servo for the yaw. I'm traveling right now and still have another two weeks but as soon as I get back I should have my board and make it functional.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261256792602?redirect=mobile

4. Glenn Dreher

Glenn Dreher New Member

Hi Maxis,

Thanks for sending the link. It looks a cool rig....and, you've got a hand held unit ready to go if you need to do steadicam. I'd be interested to learn how you make out modifying it to your heli and setting up the board. Thanks for sharing.
    Glenn