/dist/images/branding/favicon

Shoulder and Tripod Mount Bridge Plate

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Chris Fox, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Chris Fox

Chris Fox Active Member

Hi All,

Just wanted to share a system that we have been using for a while now. Back when we were using the M15 we developed a bridge plate that would work with the MōVi dovetail, and enable us to use our camera setup and MōVI efficiently on set for handheld and tripod work.

20151028_Alexa Rig and Plates_0044.jpg 20151028_Alexa Rig and Plates_0049.jpg 20151028_Alexa Rig and Plates_0043.jpg

When the MōVI Pro was introduced we modified the system to work with the new dovetail design and this is what we have been using.
    Bridge.jpg Bridge2.jpg
    However we are stepping it up a notch and have refined the design to a point now that I am happy to offer it to others.

The new bridge plate that I am offering has ARRI style rosettes for arms to mount to, 1/4-20 and 3/8-16 tapped holes on the bottom for tripod plates, and 15mm rods mounts. The 15mm rods can run straight through the plate, or only out the back, depending on how you like your setup.
    Mini_Bridge_Plate_2017-Mar-14_01-48-37AM-000_CustomizedView1793097956.jpg Mini_Bridge_Plate_2017-Mar-14_01-48-50AM-000_CustomizedView1793097956.jpg Mini_Bridge_Plate_2017-Mar-14_01-49-09AM-000_CustomizedView18530624492.jpg
    We use the rods out the back to hold the battery and shoulder pad, and our focus rail mount or the FreeFly focus rail mount depending on which fits best for a particular lens the best.

The bridge plate has a dovetail which is operated by a quick release lever on the left hand side of the plate. The rosettes are flush with the base of the plate, so it will sit flat on just about any tripod.

Using this bridge plate in conjunction with our camera plates and power breakout and top handle we can change from MōVI to handheld in just under 60 seconds, which when we are trying to knock of a two day shot list in a day makes everything a bit easier.

And don't worry I am anodising them black ;)

It is up on my store now for pre-orders, and if you would like to pre-order one we are offering a 5% discount on the total value of your order that includes the bridge plate, just use the discount code PREORDER at the checkout.

Roy Mills and Graham Futerfas like this.