/dist/images/branding/favicon

Shaky cam setting

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by alex ryan, Dec 4, 2016.

1. alex ryan

alex ryan Member

Hi Guys,

So I have a shot I want to achieve where within the same shot I want it to appear as if we start hand held and and then transition into a smooth movi shot.

I have never used the 'shaky cam' function, but wondering if anyone has had experience with it and if it achieves a similar look to hand held camera work?

I will do tests, but thought someone out there might already have the knowledge.

To achieve the shot we would need to start in shaky cam and then dial it back and switch it off while the shot is taking place. Anyone know if this is possible?

Cheers

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

You could also try incorporating the Mimic to create a hand-held feel, and then turn it off and revert to Majestic Mode when appropriate.

I saw a cool rig yesterday where they built a shoulder-mount rig for the Mimic, but instead of a camera, it had a mimic, a Teradek receiver, and a video eyepiece. The Mimic operator was able to have it on his shoulder so it felt and responded like a handheld camera, but there was a 2nd Operator moving the camera and Movi. It did a pretty good job, especially since you can 'roll' the camera a bit on your shoulder.

3. alex ryan

alex ryan Member

Thanks Graham,

Great idea, just have to work out the transition element and getting that to be gradual rather than on/off.

Will update on here and let everyone know what we come up with.

Cheers