/dist/images/branding/favicon

Setting up LancCtrl Cable to Sony 760 Camera

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by David N Atkisson, Nov 27, 2012.

1. David N Atkisson

I am now proceeding on with my CS8 build to setting up the control cable for my Sony 760 camera. I plugged in the cable as per the MikroKopter Wiki and the red led is flashing fast so I assume I have power. I then tried to go to the camera panel in mk tools and set the servos 3 and 4 to the POTIs I have assigned for my GRmx20 receiver but I still have no remote control of my camera. Any tips or links would be very helpful to making this work.

David

2. David N Atkisson

These are the cables I am working with to get control of my Sony 760 camera with my GRmx20 receiver.

LancCtrl cables.png

3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

David:
    I'd start by checking that the servos 3 and 4 are emitting proper control signals -- connect them up to the tilt servo, and make sure that the MX20 switch you've assigned can indeed control tilt -- that way you know that the FC/servo control is working right.

I've not set up the 760 for LANC control, I'm afraid -- I was using the Stratosnapper for controlling the CX760.

Andy.

4. David N Atkisson

Hi Folks,
    After more research and some great help from Thiago at Drones4you in Brazil I was able to get the camera control setup on my Graupner mx20 for the Sony 760 camera. Here are a couple things that Thiago sent me that help in the setup. First is a wiki link that talks about installing this control cable and the various options available.

http://www.mikrokopter.de/ucwiki/en/LancCtrl

Here is an image of where the leads go to the flight control board.

Sony LancCtrl Setup.png

Also of course you need to assign a 3 way switch and a knob switch on the Graupner mx20 and then go to mk tools and set the POTI for those controls to the correct settings in the channels panel of MK Tools.

Thanks again for all the great imput. Now my last step in having my Cinestar 8 up in running is setting up the downlink equipment.