/dist/images/branding/favicon

Setting Nose on the Cinestar 8 + Movi M5

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by georgemcnabb, Dec 22, 2014.

1. georgemcnabb

georgemcnabb Member

Hi there,

Looking for some help on this.

I fly my cinestar single op most the time, and its a real pain setting the nose of the ship.

I have the toad in the hole, ideally I would like to be able to just clip the CS8 onto the Movi and that be the nose position.

As of now I when i boot up the majestic mode just takes it to where it thinks its nose is, which is always wrong, so i have to power down and turn the toad in the hole to line it up.

Surely there must be a better way than this.

Thanks for the help!

2. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

I have a physical mark on my "Hole" (the part on the MōVI) that represents the front of the copter. That seems to work fine in single op mode. Are you using "handheld" or "airborne" mode? You want to use "handheld" mode for single operator.

3. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Use a gold/silver metallic pen to mark front on the Hole. Also helps when you reattach the handles.

4. Jeff Scholl

Jeff Scholl Distributor

I use the metal clasp/handle on the "Hole" as a reference for the front of the MoVI when in majestic mode. Easy reference when swapping between kopter, tero, handle bars etc...

Jeff

5. georgemcnabb

georgemcnabb Member

Cool thanks guys, have now made a mark on mine! Steve, I am using handheld mode! But say I did want to add a camera op, would you suggest putting in airborne mode? If so, why? I thought it tilts with the chopper

6. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

Handheld allows "pan majestic" mode, which damps the left/right movements, which is what you want for single operator (assuming you only have two hands). The nose returns to the front after softening your turns. Manually panning is for the cam op, so yes, you'd switch to airborne mode for that. But there's no hard and fast rules. I've used the opposites on a few occasions.