/dist/images/branding/favicon

Setting for M5

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Mark Bennett, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Mark Bennett

Mark Bennett New Member

Hi Guys, this is my first post here...please take it easy if these questions in the wrong area and or have been answered a thousand times before.

I have been using the Movi M5 with my Mark III and 24-105 lens in Majestic mode.
    I have the tilt set to smooth lock.
    Balance is fine.

The problem is I can never seem to get the settings right. Either the Pan is waaaay to slow or it is pulling as I try to pan which causes I slight jerk in my footage.

Are there any ultimate settings or some sort of graphic around that has various settings for various situations??
    I can't seem to find anything online that has the best settings listed.

Oh and btw I just updated the firmware to 3.08. Scary stuff...i've a shoot in the morning and I'd be shot if I bricked it.

Hope someone can help with my questions. Thanks

2. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

The default settings are a good place to start. I rarely wander far from these as I am used to the amount handle movement required to start a pan and how long it will take to stop the move. The window setting is meant to allow you some room for error before pan is affected, such as running where you wouldn't be able to keep the handles perfectly straight. You can always decrease to enable the pan movement to start closer to when handle movement occurs but the speed at which it follows is set by smoothing. At some point, if smoothing is set too low, you will get the jerk movement you are talking about .. it will be less of a smooth stop as the smoothing value approaches 0.