/dist/images/branding/favicon

Savox servo problem

Discussion in '3 Axis Gimbal' started by Andy Rennie, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Andy Rennie

Andy Rennie New Member

Hi All,

I was an early adopter of the 3axis camera gimbal and I have only just experienced my first problem.

One of my servos had stopped working so I purchased a new Savox SC-1258tg replacement, I have modified numerous hitec servos for other projects so I took this on myself without much thought of potential problems.

However, I've made the modification, mounted the servo on the tilt axis. But then my issue arose, the servo works perfectly from the radio, but when I try and add the belt it seems the pot is given the wrong direction back to the servo. So as soon as the tilt goes away from the horizontal instead of rotating to returning to the correct position the servo is rotating it away and then obviously speeds up too!

I thought ok that's obvious, just change the servo direction, but no, that only changes the direction that the radio sends it and not the pot. So I tried changing the pot signal wire with the pos wire, this time the servo just spun at full speed irrespective of the pot position?

I really hope that this is something simple, as I prefer the embarrassment to buying another servo.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Andy

2. Janne Hoglund

Janne Hoglund Member

The Savox does work with 3Axis gimbal , BUT the Freefly servos works much better.

3. Andy Rennie

Andy Rennie New Member

Thanks Janne, I guess that would have been a better course of action, but I chose to go with what was on there and now I've spent £60.00 on a servo that hasn't fixed the problem. Do you have any idea why the pot maybe sending the servo the wrong direction?

Thanks

Andy

4. Janne Hoglund

Janne Hoglund Member

Sorry No Andy.

/Janne

5. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Andy: Can you confirm that you have the FF resistor pack installed? If you do not, that could cause the problems you are seeing.
    Reversing the signal and +5v wiring is not a good idea -- you are now sending a DC signal where there should be pulses.

Hope that helps
    Andy.

6. Arthur Vieira

Arthur Vieira Flight Squad

Andy, there is a connector between the POT and the SERVO, this MUST be connected upside down. I don't know why this is like this but since the first Gimbal I saw they are always like that.
    Don't need to remove the wires just connect upside-down. I'm attaching a picture of my Gimbal, just as I've received it (more than an year ago).
    Keep the 5v in the middle!!

Ps. The original Gimbal used to came with SAVOX servos, but the Freefly are much better, especially with the Radian.

Good Luck

Attached Files: