/dist/images/branding/favicon

Running m15 from power outlet or 12 Volt

Discussion in 'MōVI M15' started by Kasper Bröns, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Kasper Bröns

Kasper Bröns New Member

Hi!
    I'm having problems with battery life when running my m15 on the car in cold weather, is it possible to run it with a converter from the cars 12 volt? or is there maybe an adapter for power outlets for the m15?

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Kasper: The first short answer is that if you can provide 14.8 volts at a suitable current, then the M15 doesn't "know" where its electrons are coming from. The second short answer is that a car's voltage is rarely 12 volts -- the battery is 13.8 typically, and the alternator output is 14.8 volts (it has to be higher than the battery to charge the battery).

If you really did mean 12 volts, then I'm not sure that the M15 would operate correctly on literally 12.0 volts.

So your question becomes: How can I provide a good clean source of power at around, meh, 14.0 to 14.8 volts at so many Amps. (I'm not quite sure what ampacity the M15 requires).

But also bear in mind that I am also not sure what FF's policy might be if you do drive it this way. Warranty? Don't know.

Hope that helps, though.
    Andy