/dist/images/branding/favicon

roll motor alignment

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by alex ryan, May 15, 2015.

1. alex ryan

alex ryan Member

Hello,
    I am a new owner of a second hand M10. I have to say so far I am impressed with it, but I have a question about the roll motor alignment.
    I noticed that the roll motor seems to be out of alignment. It's as if the mount that the motor and receiver are attached to has been rotated on the 30mm rod that hangs from the pan knuckle. The effect of this is that the roll arm is a few degrees off perpendicular to the top pan rod.
    The guy I bought it off said he never noticed this and has never loosened or moved the mount that attaches the roll motor to the pan rod.
    Before I try rotating it back into alignment I thought I should ask some advice. Is this the way it should be? Should I correct it? If so any advice on how to get it as perfect as possible?
    a photo of the M10 packed in the box should illustrate the issue if my words dont make sense.
    Cheers,
    Alex

Attached Files:

2. Ozkan Erden

Ozkan Erden Distributor

Just untight the screws on roll motor cage and realign the gimbal. This can happen, no worries.

3. alex ryan

alex ryan Member

Thanks Ozkan, I thought this was the case, but just wanted to make sure before taking action.
    I have been finding it difficult to get the roll axis perfectly balanced as well. Hopefully this misalignment is the cause of this problem. Will let you know how I go tomorrow.

4. Lael Camak

Lael Camak Member

Yes, while the MoVIs can take a lot of abuse, about anything can shift or come loose over time. Shouldn't be any problem to re-align as suggested.

5. Ozkan Erden

Ozkan Erden Distributor

If your vertical and horizontal tilt balance is OK, there shouldn't be any issues with roll balance unless you load some accessory to the roll bar and arms.

6. alex ryan

alex ryan Member

Thanks Ozkan. Tilt axis is balancing just fine. It holds in any position I move it to.
    The roll axis however seems to be a bit problematic. It moves slightly where ever I position it (it won't hold position perfectly. there is a slight drift before it holds its position). Could this be because I am using a fairly light weight camera on it at the moment (similar size and weight to a canon 7D)?