/dist/images/branding/favicon

Replacing the center bearings on the bracing for 3 axis

Discussion in '3 Axis Gimbal' started by Shaun Stanton, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Shaun Stanton

Shaun Stanton Active Member

I noticed that my pan jitters were due to the bottom bearing on the center axis of the gimbal. Basically its pressed into the bottom plate of the center hub that binds all three boom arms of the gimbal to the center axis. I took the plate off and can feel alot of crunching like sand in the bearing. Obviously I need to replace this. I would rather press in a new bearing versus buying a new carbon fiber piece. Has anyone had to do it before?

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

That sounds pretty bad, Shaun. I don't recall anyone ever posting about this on the forum. I presume you've opened up a channel with QC? Please post any additional information that you find so that others also have the benefit of any solution you come up with.

Andy.

3. Shaun Stanton

Shaun Stanton Active Member

I called QC this afternoon and spoke with Adam. He said they do not have specific discrete parts for the gimbal. Just the standard repair kit which does not include those components. He is said he will reach out to Tabb and get back to me. Possibly they might have a loner spare part in their bin but could not guarantee it. I PM'd Tabb tonight to see if I can get this resolved soon. We have a couple of deadlines that we need to meet at the moment and our gimbal's performance is not ideal.

I will keep you posted.

Shaun