/dist/images/branding/favicon

Replacement PCB for FF Servos?

Discussion in '3 Axis Gimbal' started by Andy Johnson-Laird, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

When the pan servo stalled it burned out (don't ask). On taking it apart, there is a small printed circuit board in the lower part of the servo (where the wires enter the servo). There are 1/4" wide IC's on there and a small piece of insulating paper -- I suspect (because of a small scorch mark) that the left-hand of the two IC's (with the servo upside down and the drive gear at the top) has burned out.

Tabb: Is it possible to get a replacement for this PCB? The motor and the gears appear to be in great condition. I think the IC acted as a protective fuse. :(

Thanks
    Andy.

2. Wing Gee

Wing Gee New Member

I'd be interested too. I have a pan servo that died, Mine would come on without any control or just power on at full speed. I suspect the board is dead. I replaced my servo, But I'd like to fix it and use it as a backup.

3. Tabb Firchau

Tabb Firchau Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Guys,

FYI we do not offer this as a spare part.

Best,

Tabb

4. gorges89

gorges89 New Member

Andy , I think that ¼” IC is the controller on the pan servo PCB that is used to control the speed and direction of the servo motor and with some other driver circuit for the servo motor. The problem is it is very hard to get the single PCB and you have to purchase the new servo pan but if someone has the old PCB you can replace with that PCB.

turnkey pcb assembly

#4 gorges89, Oct 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2022