/dist/images/branding/favicon

Remote zoom with Sony CX760 on Cinestar 8

Discussion in 'CineStar Showcase (Photo/Video)' started by Jeff Scholl, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Bryan Harvey

Bryan Harvey Member

I just got my Stratosnapper, but got stumped setting it up from a hardware perspective. Can I connect it through the Radian system to talk to my Spektrum satellite receiver? I'm using the Spektrum satellite receiver to control my gimbal, so there's no place to plug in the Stratosnapper on that, and of course it needs to talk to the Spektrum. I tried plugging into channel 2 on the roll Radian, but it does not seem to be getting power from that port.

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Bryan don't think that you can run it through a Radian. No way to tell the Stratto what channel to watch for. You could connect it to your Spektrum Recv and have the Satellite also come off the receiver. At least that makes sense with my small exposure to the Spektrums. The Sat RX were really meant to be an extension of the main RX.

3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Gary:

If I'm not mistaken, if you configure say, the Roll Radian Aux port to be Port 7 (I pick that number at random), it will emit a PWM stream that can be used to drive the Servo 1 input on the Stratosnapper. You then configure the Pan Radian Aux Port to be port 8, you can then feed that into Servo 2 on the Stratosnapper.

Then on the TX whatever you have mapped to channels 7 and 8 will control the Stratosnapper's Servo 1 and 2 inputs.

I'm pretty sure that's how I did when I was using the Stratosnapper to control the 5D Mk III via IR control.

Andy.

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Just to augment my answer, Bryan. If you have power to any of the +5 pins on a Radian, that power is distributed to all of the other +5 pins. So it's a bit of a mystery why you're not seeing power to the Stratosnapper if the Radian has power. As you can infer from my comments above, I'm pretty sure you can run two servo cables from Port 2 (the Aux port) from two Radians to the Servo 1 and 2 ports on the Stratosnapper -- you do, of course, have to connect up to each Radian to tell them which RC channels the Aux ports should respond to.

Andy.

5. Bryan Harvey

Bryan Harvey Member

thanks Andy and Gary, I will reconnect and try again. I'm not sure I know how to adjust the Radian within the software to tell it to respond to the RC channel. Normally im just in there adjusting gains etc...but Ill try to figure it out. Im only planning on using one strato servo input to control zoom for now.

6. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Ok I was going the simple route. Yes Bryan as Andy suggests you could use the Aux channel in the Radian software.

7. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

In the Radian software configuration window, connect up to the Radian sensor and do a Read to load the current sensor configuration, look at the top left hand corner for the word "Aux." To the right of it there's either a number or "OFF." Enter the channel number you want and write it out to the Radian. Repeat for the second Radian -- you do need to physical connect to the second Radian.

Hope that helps.
    Andy.

Bryan Harvey likes this.