/dist/images/branding/favicon

"remote rate scale" vs "max rate control" tunning

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Semiond mathieu, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Semiond mathieu

Semiond mathieu New Member

Hi guys,

I'm looking to tune my movi for really slow and smooth move for a shooting.

I have adjust dead angle and smooth but also want to adjust max motor speed. i find two parater which seems do affect motor speed :
    "max rate control" in tunning section and "remote rate scale" in teh dual operator adjustement sections.

Both seems to affect the max speed of the motor, even the remote scale in dual operator section when i use it single operator.

Can someone explain the difference between this two paramaters please ?

Please let me know which one is best to use when you want to adjust really slow movement speed.

Thanks for help

2. Semiond mathieu

Semiond mathieu New Member

Hi no one can help ?

3. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

I guess you can try reducing them and see if it helps your operating. They act as limiters on how far the Movi can move in a given amount of time... and I think the number means "degrees/second"... so at 200, it's limited to 200 degrees of movement in a second. If you dial it way down, it will be limited to fewer degrees/second, and will react slower.

This blog post might help give some information: https://everyaxis.com/bending-time-with-mōvi-pro-9da52e939730

You can set the gimbal up to feel more like a sports car, fast and responsive, or change it to feel splashy like an old Cadillac. Mostly you can do this with your Majestic settings, and I suggest you try turning them far in one direction or the other to see what the settings do.

Also, Pan Hold Strength can give you a snappier response if you dial it up, but maybe you don't want to do that.