/dist/images/branding/favicon

Redrock Microremote Question

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Wolfgang Armin, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Wolfgang Armin

Wolfgang Armin Active Member

Hi guys,
    sorry - this is not directly related to the M10, but I know some of you have the RRM Microremote.

When I calibrate the unit with e.g. Canon Lenses, I´m really having a hard time, with the infinity-point. Since with Canons, there is a small range "after infinity" (well, I don´t know where that should focus at, but it definitely is past infinity), I can´t just travel to the end of the focus aerea. But even pressing the button on the arrows of the control unit of the RRM ever so slightly, gives me quite a long travel distance and therefore makes calibrating a pain.

I hope you understand what I´m talking about, but I don´t know how to better explain it.
    Anybody else experiencing difficulties? Is there a way to adjust the number steps a short button press is going to travel?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks and have a nice sunday,
    Wolfgang

2. Brett Harrison

Brett Harrison Active Member

do you mean you can't 'land' the calibration on the actual infinity point, shortly before the hard stop? What I would do then is let it hit the hard stop and then manually adjust the physical stopper to mark infinity on the hand unit.

Also I find pressing it very momentarily travels the calibration forward in smaller increments - kind of tapping it.

3. Wolfgang Armin

Thanks, Brett!
    Uh - I need to try that. Does it mean that you can use the hand unit (or finger wheel) while calibrating??? I haven´t tried that to be honest - that leaves me pretty dumb if that works.
    Tapping the arrows on the control unit even very shortly makes the motor travel at least 5mm, which is way too far for making small adjustments.

4. Brett Harrison

Brett Harrison Active Member

I just mean that once you've got a calibration based on the hard stops - be it auto or manual calibration - you can trim down the range of the wheel on the hand unit (not the thumb wheel) using the little stoppers (the little black limiters)

5. Wolfgang Armin

Thanks Brett, yes that will help with the hand unit, but other than expected I´m using the fingerwheel a lot.