/dist/images/branding/favicon

RED RCP Issue/Occasionally Working

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Hunter Johnson, Aug 9, 2020.

1. Hunter Johnson

Hunter Johnson New Member

Hello,

I recently purchased a Movi Pro. I was using a DSMC2 RED Gemini w/VLock I/O Expander trying to get RCP Data Pass through to the MOVI PRO and experienced some issues.

RCP Pass through was enabled on the Camera.

I was powering the Camera via the 12-14V Cam stage port using the MOVI Pro Batteries.

I attempted using Firmware 1.5 however noticed that I wasn't getting any pass-through Camera Data displayed on the MOVI Pro so I switched to V2.0.10 and started receiving pass-through data.

I haven't been able to adjust Camera Settings via the Movi Pro or Mimic. However, I was able to adjust the ISO on the RED GEMINI for about a minute while using V2.0.10 then lost all control only to have camera data settings displayed.

I tried powering down the Movi Pro and RED Gemini multiple times as well as unplugging and replugging in cable with no luck besides the time I had control for about a minute.

This is my first time using the Cable provided in the bundle.

Any advice would be appreciated, Thank you.

2. Darren Streibig

Darren Streibig New Member

Do you have the red control port cable from freefly? The 12-14v power port is strictly for power, so you need a separate cable that connects into the IO expander CTRL port from the CAM port on the right side of the MOVI control unit.

Alejandro Selman likes this.