/dist/images/branding/favicon

Red epic, movi m10 and power - v-mount

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Eirik Nicolai Heim, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Eirik Nicolai Heim

Hi!

I am about 100% ready to go for a movi m10. Just have some questions left to answer.
    I am using v-mount batteries from switronix with a quick back v.2 from wooden camera and of course a v-mount on the quick back to power my epic. I also have an a-lock from wooden camera as well. Since i can not have the batteries on the back of the epic, as I am used to, will it be a good idea to have the a-lock on top of the camera and mount the quick back and the battery there shooting with the movi? I would like to have my side handle on, since I like using it and do not have a redmote. If this is possible, I could go from the movi rig, to my normal rig in very short timing, switching the batteries from the top to the back of the camera again in no time with my quick back.

Another question. I already somehow got the small dp4. But would it be a better idea to buy a flexible cable and mount the red 5" touch on the movi?

Best regards,
    Eirik Nicolai Heim

2. Austin Glass

Austin Glass Active Member

3. Eirik Nicolai Heim

Yeah, maybe it would be a problem with clearance? Someone who has tried something like this?

What about a longer power cord and wearing the battery on my body?

Austin: When will you have cables again?

4. Austin Glass

Austin Glass Active Member

I haven't gotten any updates on this in about 2 weeks, but our next shipment was originally due to arrive sometime next week. I will hopefully have more information by Monday at the latest.