/dist/images/branding/favicon

Red control with Mimic help

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Mark Parrott, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Mark Parrott

Mark Parrott New Member

How do I get my mimic to control my Red camera? I can't find how to link them... is it wireless or cables?? Any info out there?

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Hi Mark, which model RED camera do you have?

The Mimic control is done via a cable that plugs between the RED and the Tilt Stage Unit underneath the camera on the Movi. So it's wireless from the Mimic to the Movi, but requires a RED RCP cable to talk to the camera through the RED's CTRL port. This RCP cable is available in the Freefly Store, and plugs into the CAM port on the Movi.

Note that this cable sold by Freefly is pretty short, and it's only long enough to work with the RED Jetpack Camera Module, which only fits the DSMC2 camera bodies. You can custom order longer versions of this cable from companies like Media Blackout.

http://store.freeflysystems.com/collections/movi-pro/products/movi-pro-red-rcp-serial-cable

Additionally, you need to enable RCP control in the Menus of the RED camera. I believe it's turned off by default.

3. Bryan Edmonds

Bryan Edmonds Chief Mōvi Whisperer

As well as any DSMC body. The only incompatibility I am aware of is the DSMC2 WEAPON Base Expander and V-Lock I/O Expander.