/dist/images/branding/favicon

Red 7" display cable, teradek power cable/attachment etc

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Andreas Oberg, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Andreas Oberg

Andreas Oberg New Member

Hiya everyone!
    We just got our Movi Prob which we will use with a Red DSMC2 Helium. Lenses will mainly be still lenses.
    We film wildlife so plan on filming penguins, monkies etc with this beast.

A few practical questions
    What display cable would you recommend for a Red 7" ultra bright monitor. I know the movie does not send enough power for some 7", but we got the Ignite power expansion that should give much better juice.

Currently I use the 18" Red, together with a Lemo A/B adapter, but it is a bit too short and the lemo adapters add quite some weight. I was considering getting a Wooden pogo to pogo 24", but not sure if it will work.

Wooden also has some other 24" cables that look ok.

Also, what power cable would you use to power the Teradek 500 TX transmitter, and how would you attach it? The pop and lock 15"?

Thanks.
    Andreas

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Not sure about the 7" cable -- I use my own SDI monitor instead of the RED because I never know if it's going to work with Movi's power and the cables. I have the Ultra thin RED EVF cables in my kit, but I usually just get a Sidekick for the settings, or make them plug in the touchscreen to change settings, or you can use Fool Control, but I just hate working with the RED monitors on the Movi.

As for attaching the Teradek, I just bongo tie it inside the cage or on top. I don't attach to the Ring because I often have to separate from the ring for mounting the Movi to things, and go back and forth between handheld and remote-head. If you feel you must attach to the ring, look into some Camvate super clamps on Amazon. Those, along with Ultra Light ball adapters, are great to work with. Of course, you're going to add two more cables to the Ring, which I also don't like personally.

Alejandro Selman likes this.
  3. Andreas Oberg

Andreas Oberg New Member

Hiya guys. I used the Wooden pogo to pogo 24". IT works fine with the 7" ultra bright. I have the ignite power expander so maybe that helps too.