/dist/images/branding/favicon

RB-Ultra, low latency 1080p iOS Decoder - LOOKING FOR BETA TESTERS!

Discussion in 'Video Assist & Video Accessories' started by Gary Hilgemann, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Gary Hilgemann

Gary Hilgemann New Member

Hi Guys,

we worked since the last 2 years on a low latency iOS Decoder, called Rebotnix RB-Ultra. We published yesterday the first GPU low latency decoder for iOS with the help of apple verifications process.

RB-Ultra:
    The app uses the GPU from iphone 4,5s,6,6p as well the GPU from iPad 3,4 and by supporting 1080p/60. On top we implemented RTSP and RTMP protocol stacks as well AAC decoding. RTSP is currently the stablest one. Latency is settable between 80ms - 300ms. We tested the battery life over 6 hours decoding on a iPad AIR in full 1080p. We support Base,Main and High Decoding Profiles.

I´m myself a möVi M5 owner and we tested this app with our own hardware encoders. Now, i´m looking for more beta testers.

Beta Access:
    With Apple new Testflight beta program, we would like to get 50 versions for testing. So, if you are interested, please send me a private mail with your contact details.

We already tested these encoders:
    - Our own Rebontix RB Ultra Encoder
    - Teradek Cube
    - Digital Rapids Live Encoders (StreamZ Series)
    - Sanyo RTSP IP Cameras

The app is located here:
    https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/rb-ultra/id906668027?mt=8

Recording and other features are planned for version 1.2.

2. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

So I could replace my Teradeck Clip app with yours? Definitely interested.

3. Gary Hilgemann

Gary Hilgemann New Member

Hi Steve,

i do not spent much time on the clip cause the TDS protocol that the clip has seems to be a proprietary RTSP implementation from teradek. I got a test device from a friend of mine, but without the standard RTSP implementation and protocol stack you can´t access the Clip without hacking. I heard that there is a optional RTSP license out for the clip there, but also got no hands on this. I successfully tested the cube with RTSP and RTMP where RTSP gave me the lowest latency.

Do you have the RTSP license for the clip?

Can you share some experience with the Clip or what requirements you need? As a developer i´m interest to hear more about customer scenarios.

Thx.
    Gary

4. Ryan McMaster

Ryan McMaster Active Member

Had a clip for months. Worked great. Mini HDMI port went bad. Back to Teradek for a fix. Is impossible to hook into the MIMO antenna for any long range use. Emailed Teradek on this and they said its my antenna. Turns out its the Clip, as my buddies clip connects up no problem. Went back to a 5.8 TX/RX. No problems now. That was my time with the Clip. Cool idea but needs some serious work as it is almost impossible to work with in a real world scenario.